Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • Quilter from Victorville >
  • Quilter from Victorville

• Quilter from Victorville

Old 01-06-2010, 04:53 PM

Welcome Linda,
    Love the quilt in your picture. We just moved from Victorville To Kansas going on three years now. When it is cold like this I sure do miss it back there for sure. I thinlk you will really like this site I know I sure do. There are so many talented people here. Their tips have helped me alot and I was glad to see I amm not the only one doing dumb stuff. But guess that is how we all learn. My husband just laughs at me cause I sit here Laughing away some days on this site.. Have fun,,Ravonda
    Old 01-06-2010, 06:22 PM

Hi Ravonda Thanks about the quilt I already like this site to much don't want to do anything else. Its been quite cold in Victorville to me but I bet its not as bad as other place. Yes and I too make dumb mistakes all the time but thats ok right? If we learn from them and don't repeat them were doing good. How cold is Kansas? and Where in Victorville did you live? I live in Baldy Mesa right near the aquaduct and close to Quail Jr Hi. its considered Victorville on the outskirts. oh wells have a nice evening Linda
    Old 01-06-2010, 07:06 PM

Sometimes we even make the same mistakes twice, that is why the person who invented seam rippers is probably a billionaire. :lol:
    Old 01-06-2010, 08:06 PM

I wish I could have thought of that but it was invented probably 100 yrs ago
    Old 01-06-2010, 08:26 PM

Welcome from Oregon! So I can see that you already found out how addicting the Board is! You'll have a good time here!
    Old 01-06-2010, 09:06 PM

Hi again Linda,
    Yes I seem to get on here not get to sewing then. Here in Kansas we are in Wichita. Tomorrow they say we will wake to 8 degrees. Today got alittle warmer all the way to 31 degrees. Boy almost had to get the sunscreen, haha. I grew up down at mission bay by sea world and then up to Victorville so this cold isn't for me for sure. We lived not far from the chucky cheese
    that was by the mall. We know about Baldy.too. We heard it was a nice place to live in that area of Ca. The area we were in in Victoreville was called Mountain Acres. We ended up moving here cause my DH's family found him after 36 years. Welp back to deciding what my next project will be. Haven't found anything that strikes my fancy yet. It needs to be a small project for now cause after a stroke my one side doesn't handle the large projects yet. But we will get there sooner or later. One thing about Quilting the stash won't go anywhere till I get there. Soit will have to wait for me, lol. Ravonda
    Old 01-06-2010, 10:00 PM
    Power Poster

Hello Linda. What kind of dogs do you have? Have you ever made quilts with their likeness? I like Rotties. Have done several quilts of them.
    Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Wendy56
    Getting revved up for the Road To California Quilt Show. Can't wait. Then Hemet. Great couple of months coming up. Then Palm Springs in March. Great fun! :lol: :roll:
    Wendy, what day are you going to Road, how many others of you will be there? My friend and I will be there all day Friday.

Pat
    Old 01-07-2010, 08:05 AM

Thank you and you are so lucky to be in Oregon lived there many years ago like 1975-76. In Ashland I used my bike to get around town. It was really the prettiest town I've seen since then. Linda
    Old 01-31-2010, 03:22 PM

Welcome.......I am here in Bloomfield NJ but my son lives out there in Palm Desert. He once lived in Apple Valley. I look forward to hearing from you.