Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • Quilting in portugal >
  • Quilting in portugal

• Quilting in portugal

Old 04-10-2019, 05:21 PM
    Power Poster

Welcome from Oklahoma. There is a wonderful store called Missouri Star.
    Old 04-10-2019, 08:24 PM

Hello from South Louisiana. The Houston quilt show is fabulous and the vendor section is wonderful. They do have a shipping facility on the second floor of the George R Brown, so you can ship any purchases back to your home. Go early to the quilt show and plan on staying late. There is so much to see. When I was younger, it still took me a full day to get through the vendors. Buy a program that shows where all the vendors are in each row and plan who or what you want to see. And above all, just enjoy the experience

Edited to add: There is a place just about in the center of the vendors where you can check in packages. My friend and I take a couple of big bags/totes and go check them in as we fill them. Write your name or draw something so you can identify the bags before you check them in. Tie a piece of fabric around the handles. It was $5 per bag the last time I went a couple of years ago. When you are ready to leave that afternoon, just give them your tickets, I take pictures of them in case they disappear in my purse. Make sure you don't buy more than you can carry, because you cannot take a pull cart into the building. There are just too many people and it's against the quilt show rules.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 04-10-2019 at 08:32 PM.
    Old 04-11-2019, 06:19 AM

Welcome from Seattle, Washington.

I've never been lucky enough to go to Houston or Paducah (or much of anywhere really) but my friend says Houston is like Quilters Heaven where your feet are really sore and tired!

I usually order from equilter.com when I order on-line, I don't know how they are about international shipping but the banner on the site today says international shipping half off on orders over $100 -- don't know if that is a regular thing or not.

I do know that I've been swapping fabric with people all across the world since around 1998. Netherlands, Israel, Australia come to mind, and I know some have gone to some pretty obscure locales. People always complain about things but I think the American postal service is amazing and cheap even though rates keep going up.
    Old 04-11-2019, 05:33 PM

Hi Sylvia and welcome from NE Ohio.
    Old 04-12-2019, 05:56 AM
    Power Poster

Welcome, Sylvia! I don't know shipping costs but I love buying from Missouri Star Quilt Company, also Fat Quarter Shop. There are more but those 2 are my favorites.