Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • Time to be polite... >
  • Time to be polite...

• Time to be polite...

Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 PM

Hi everyone! I have been hanging around in here for about 3 or 4 months... Guess it's time to introduce myself. I am a SAHM of 5, only 2 left at home, DH is in process of retiring/moving on to a new opportunity, and we are trying to move to Utah. We currently live in HOT Tucson, AZ, and I am looking forward to seeing grass, tall trees (w/out stickers!!), 4 real seasons, cool weather, pretty bushes and flowers, and NO cactus. sigh. What a whiner! :oops: Anyway, I have been sewing for years. and years. Have a pfaff for general sewing, a serger for quick finishes... and an inexpensive embroidery machine I haven't had the opportunity to use very much, so am still learning...
    Just recently accquired two vintage machines, Ellie (a Singer 31-15 industrial machine), and Adah (a Singer model 15 tredle machine). Am still getting both cleaned up and in working order.
    Have 4 boys and 1 daughter, plus two delightful daughters-in-law, and 2 incredible granddaughters!! LOVE being grandma!!
    I love to read (mysteries, mostly), dabble in crochet and am learning to knit. I do some crafts, and my family has recently taken up shooting as a hobby. Anyway, I am very glad to be here, and have already learned soooo much!! Great site, great ladies (and gentlemen!!), and waaay too much temptation to "buy more fabric, add to your stash, collect vintage machines" etc. I guess I'm just an easy target!!!!! :lol: I have got to stop buying and get sewing!! So -- here we go!!
    Old 05-09-2011, 01:13 PM

Welcome from TEXAS! I'm new here too and love it already!
    Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM

What a cute name!! Helovesme!! You are just adorable!! It is a wonderful place, isn't it!
    Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM
    Power Poster

welcome!
    Old 05-09-2011, 01:20 PM

Welcome
    Old 05-09-2011, 01:20 PM

Hi and welcome from Southern California!
    Old 05-09-2011, 01:23 PM

Welcome from northern Arizona where we do have green trees, 4 seasons, etc. (All winter I've been dreaming of Tucson, but now it's starting to get nice up here.)

Wendy
    Old 05-09-2011, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by sewnserge
    Hi everyone! I have been hanging around in here for about 3 or 4 months... Guess it's time to introduce myself. I am a SAHM of 5, only 2 left at home, DH is in process of retiring/moving on to a new opportunity, and we are trying to move to Utah. We currently live in HOT Tucson, AZ, and I am looking forward to seeing grass, tall trees (w/out stickers!!), 4 real seasons, cool weather, pretty bushes and flowers, and NO cactus. sigh. What a whiner! :oops: Anyway, I have been sewing for years. and years. Have a pfaff for general sewing, a serger for quick finishes... and an inexpensive embroidery machine I haven't had the opportunity to use very much, so am still learning...
    Just recently accquired two vintage machines, Ellie (a Singer 31-15 industrial machine), and Adah (a Singer model 15 tredle machine). Am still getting both cleaned up and in working order.
    Have 4 boys and 1 daughter, plus two delightful daughters-in-law, and 2 incredible granddaughters!! LOVE being grandma!!
    I love to read (mysteries, mostly), dabble in crochet and am learning to knit. I do some crafts, and my family has recently taken up shooting as a hobby. Anyway, I am very glad to be here, and have already learned soooo much!! Great site, great ladies (and gentlemen!!), and waaay too much temptation to "buy more fabric, add to your stash, collect vintage machines" etc. I guess I'm just an easy target!!!!! :lol: I have got to stop buying and get sewing!! So -- here we go!!
    Welcome from Utah. We don't usually have 4 real seasons but we do have cool weather. It is a great place to live.
    Old 05-09-2011, 01:26 PM

Hi there......a warm welcome from Southern California.
    Old 05-09-2011, 01:30 PM

Another Old Pueblo resident here :) But you couldn't get me to move away permanently. Snowbird? Eventually yes, but not for another 10 years or so when DH retires!