Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice >
  • 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

• 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

Old 12-15-2013, 08:10 AM

http://www.quiltingandwhatnot.ca/Hal...-Triangle.html In case you want to use a paper template for your HSTs. Looks like a shortcut method. I'm still working on clue #2. Have about 20 more to do then I'll start on #3. Hugs! Debbie
    Old 12-15-2013, 01:49 PM

I'm sure this is written somewhere, but I can't find it, so I'm hoping someone can help me. 1) How many weeks does the mystery continue, that is, when do we get the final clue? and 2) When are we finished using fabric to make new blocks, that is, when do we start putting it all together?

I've got my triangles finished and will finish the pinwheels this evening. Silly life gets in the way of my sewing sometimes....
    Old 12-16-2013, 04:45 AM

[QUOTE=Nilla;6458112]I'm sure this is written somewhere, but I can't find it, so I'm hoping someone can help me. 1) How many weeks does the mystery continue, that is, when do we get the final clue? and 2) When are we finished using fabric to make new blocks, that is, when do we start putting it all together?

Well, I think I may have stumbled across the answer to 2). I found a blog written in what I think was German, but it had a picture that I believe indicated how much fabric each step has taken. If I'm correct, it appeared we are about 1/2 way done as far as the amount of fabric we've used. Does that sound about right to everyone?
    Old 12-16-2013, 05:17 AM

I have 10 pinwheels done and really like how cute they are! Last year, the final clue came about the first of the year. Last year there were 8 clues total. I didn't look real close but I think the last 3 or so were assembly of what we had already made.
    Old 12-16-2013, 06:30 AM

Old dopey me, I set down to sew yesterday and sewed 70! 1/2 square blocks with my machine set at default! so they all are 1/8" too small. Not a problem with 12", big problem with 2" blocks

On the other hand, they are from two fabrics I have plenty of, so they went in a box of extra components for backs and I'll start fresh today. At 4.0 needle setting and 1.9 stitch setting!

Nilla, they can run for up to 8 weeks. 6 and 7 we'll be putting together components, but putting together the blocks into setting is always the last week, the big reveal when we see Bonnie's finished quilt.

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 12-16-2013 at 06:32 AM.
    Old 12-16-2013, 06:35 AM

Thanks ladies!
    Old 12-16-2013, 08:32 AM

Kalama: Been there done that. Best to do what you did, start a new day fresh. I finally finished clue#2 today. No matter how you do the chevrons, they are time consuming! The pinwheels are going a lot faster have 15 of the 61 done. I just may catch up this week.
    Old 12-16-2013, 08:36 AM

Loved that Clue 3 ended up simple and quick...
    Here's a link to my blog post about clue 3
    http://creativedayswithcathie.blogsp...ce-clue-3.html

I am also working on some blocks that I was given by my local quilt group several years ago after having served as president. They are Bonnie's Pineapple Blossom but like most blocks when they are made as a group effort ended up being sized from a titch over 9 inches to a generous 9 1/2 inches. Since they were supposed to finish at 9 inches I am having to square them "down" to 9 1/4 and fudge to get them to size. I am setting them with strips between and corner stones so that I can hopefully get them to size.
    I love that my friends made them for me so I try not to complain about having to trim 60 something blocks. Luckily it's not something I have to get done anytime soon.
    Hope everyone is having success at the mystery and I look forward to seeing your posts every day with your progress.
    Old 12-16-2013, 10:35 AM

well I guess I am a dumb bunny but I have read every page and did not find any of the directions,or steps as I call them. Where do they appear? HELP!!!
    Old 12-16-2013, 11:37 AM

Jolo: Go to quiltville.blogspot.com . Click on Celtic Solstice. Scroll down until you come to the instructions. Hope this helps.