Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice >
  • 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

• 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

Old 02-03-2014, 05:23 AM

Emma...no wonder you do so well with Bonnie's quilts! Look at how you've pieced the borders!! She does use some simple borders but everything else is small pieces arranged in beautiful ways! Great finish!
    Old 02-03-2014, 06:23 PM

I'm started ladies. been working on it about 3 days. I have all of clue 1 done,. they do need trimming tho. and most of my strips cut and sewn for the 4 patches. some 4 patches done. easy does it. I made my self quit tonite....... gotta save some energy for the next day......
    Old 02-03-2014, 06:25 PM

There is definitely no rush sewNso! Just enjoy yourself and know you will have a beautiful quilt when you get done!
    Old 02-03-2014, 07:24 PM

Jeanie, thx. I am already 2nd guessing my choice of colors after seeing all these 'gifted ladies' putting theirs together. I saw the red and black one on the internet and went towards that one. tied together with the blue. and I am using scraps as much as I can. and my black and red are solids. sooo...... just wondering. but, heck. I'm not taking it to the fair.
    Old 02-03-2014, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
    Jeanie, thx. I am already 2nd guessing my choice of colors after seeing all these 'gifted ladies' putting theirs together. I saw the red and black one on the internet and went towards that one. tied together with the blue. and I am using scraps as much as I can. and my black and red are solids. sooo...... just wondering. but, heck. I'm not taking it to the fair.
    I'm the same way, sewNso. Every time a see a different color combination I want to make that one, too. They all look good and yours will too.
    Old 02-03-2014, 07:57 PM

Change in color really changes the look. That's one of the reasons I am really considering making another, just to experiment with the color.
    Old 02-03-2014, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S
    Change in color really changes the look. That's one of the reasons I am really considering making another, just to experiment with the color.
    me too, I always make a couple quilts of the same pattern. I just sat here and hand drew a PP pattern for birds in the air, then kept reading this link, and found the pdf file link for BITA. nice to know my hand drawn one was right on. Ha. learned so much here on this board. 2 janes and a FWQ sure helped my education. never thought I would ever be able to do half the stuff I am doing. thx to QB. am going to have to learn to spin my seams, etc. if I keep looking, am I going to find a pdf link to the chevrons?
    Old 02-04-2014, 04:53 AM

Beautiful Emma and PJNesler!!
    Old 02-06-2014, 01:16 AM

Hurrah hurrah I got my order from Hancocks of Paducah with my border fabric and it will work well!
    I am still going to add a piano key border first to make the quilt a bit larger but with a 9 inch border of the batik I think that will make it work for my queen sized bed...
    I need to upload my camera for the picture of the quilt with it's first border so that I can share...so hopefully tomorrow I can get that done.
    Thanks for keeping the thread going even though the clues are done an so many have finished.

I have enjoyed seeing so many variations of the quilt and it tempts me to do another but I think I have too many other projects on my "someday" list and I got a link to a new Barbara Brackman project of a Jane Austen inspired quilt coming up and it has me intrigued too! LOL There will never be enough time in two lifetimes to do all that I want!
    Old 02-06-2014, 05:36 AM

Cathie: Can't wait to see your borders. I am hoping people show their quilts after the quilting and binding. After all that is the rest of the story.