Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice >
  • 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

• 2013 Bonnie Hunter Mystery Celtic Solstice

Old 02-11-2014, 06:09 AM

I am up to 4 rows. I had stopped making 4 patches (SICK of making units!), so I had to stop making blocks to go back and finish up. I keep seeing orange and green in my sleep! HA! here is a picture of the design wall. I am waiting to put the blocks together until I have all of them completed. I just stash dived for more variety on the 4 patches. I want to be able to mix them all up before making a top.

Oh! spending 4 days at the AQS quilt show here in Phoenix didn't help my progress! My feet are still complaning... I do know there is one block missing. It was on the ironing board and I was too lazy to take another picture!
    Attached Thumbnails rows.jpg  
    Old 02-11-2014, 06:28 AM

Isn't it great when those circles start to emerge? I too saw the green, orange and blue in my sleep but considering the greyness of winter not a really bad thing. Great progress!
    Old 02-11-2014, 06:58 PM

I made two pinwheels today/nite, and made them backwards!!! gosh darn. I PP them. they were the right size, and I sewed two complete 9.5 squares together. to see how it would look. ooookay for starters. but need improving.
    Old 02-12-2014, 05:56 AM

SewNsew: I made every single one of my pinwheels backwards. You know what, I went with it. Didn't effect the pattern, thank goodness.
    Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 AM

I don't think it makes any difference which way you do the pinwheels as long as they're all the same. It'll still look great.
    Old 02-12-2014, 04:56 PM

Nellie, Sorry that you have been so very sick. Eight days in the hospital is a long time. Glad that you are home. You will recuperate must faster at home. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Blue Bell
    Old 02-13-2014, 02:20 AM

hi blue bell , thank you it is nice to be home again
    Old 02-13-2014, 05:23 AM

I had some pinwheels going both directions and once it's in the quilt, it's not noticeable at all. Glad that you're feeling, Nellie.
    Old 02-13-2014, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by nellie
    thank you Emma. my nurse gave the good head on sewing just for a few mins per hour, I,am so happy to be home ,the hospital staff were so kind and helpful and understanding god bless them ,I only problem I had was my room mate en older lady who had her family right there all the time day and nite , I felt so uncomfortable with her family in the room I,m talking about 8 0r more persons with this lady some where her sons,which is why I felt uncomfortable each time I needed to use the rest room ,and another bad thing was the food oh man that was awful good for a person who wants to lose weight ,I,m so happy to be home and watching everyones beautiful quilt tops keep up the good work ladys and gents
    Nellie, I'm so sorry to hear what a rough time you've had, but glad that you are back home now. I really find it so unfair when someone else's situation/family have an impact on the other person in the room. What about your privacy? I nurse friend of mine had a situation recently where a very ill patient had MANY family members by his side and they were understandably very upset at his critical condition and were very verbal about it. That was upsetting the elderly patient in the next bed, but nothing was done about it until that patient's family complained. We really have to advocate for ourselves and family. I don't know what the best answer is, but the other patient's needs have to be considered as well. Anyway, glad you're on the road to recovery.
    Old 02-13-2014, 04:54 PM

Emma, that is funny. and what is funnier, Is that you admitted it!!!! (I don't always admit my mistakes) in a quilt.I gift them knowing full well,that they aren't perfect, and never point out the mistakes. except once, with a grandson who got really up set because he had done a long and tedious math assignment completely wrong, and so had to spend two hrs redoing it. so, I took a PP star quilt off his bed, and showed him where I had to rip out and redo, and, piece, because I had cut lots of pieces too small.