Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Another whopper Ebay sale >
  • Another whopper Ebay sale

• Another whopper Ebay sale

Old 04-26-2008, 07:13 PM

This seller has some great fabric bundles for sale... ending within about 10 hours... great prices...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/15-PIECES-COTTON-QUILT-BUNDLE-NO-REPEATS-1A_W0QQitemZ250240818092QQihZ015QQcategoryZ71211QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    Old 04-27-2008, 03:49 AM

I think someone wants them all........I tried bidding and all have max bids, more than I would pay :D have you bought here :?:
    Old 04-27-2008, 04:00 AM

And 8 X 10 inch piece is really a scrap, in my way of thinking! YOu can cut 4 2inch strips 10 inches long. What do you do with them?

Unless you are making scrap quilts I can't see the value in the price plus postage. I suppose many of you disagree with me. But 8 X 10 is s-m-a-l-l !

Some groups offer scraps to members if they pay postage. Otherwise these seem to be expensive scraps. I have friends who give me larger pieces.

Maybe a Scrap exchange would work among members. Has anyone ever tried it?

June
    Old 04-27-2008, 05:10 AM

June- you are right- when I first looked at this, I thought they were fat quarters. For the amount of fabric offered, it wasn't such a good deal. There are a couple of sellers on Ebay that sell 'salesmen' samples that are quite awesome. Some of them are as small as the 10 inch size but you get a sample of every fabric in the line. I am now trying to gather some of the 'layer cake' patterns to use the 10 inch blocks.
    Old 04-27-2008, 07:40 AM

June, I agree too. I don't even buy fat qtrs, will buy 1/4 to 1/2 yd of different materials, seems a better deal to me.
    Old 04-27-2008, 09:08 AM

I have a feeling that if we knew exactly how many square inches were in these bunbles, we might be surprised how high the price per yard would be. And don't forget to add shipping charges. If we pay it, it becomes part of the cost.

I also buy 1/2 and full yard pieces when there is a sale. JoAnn prices are going up. They put stickers over the $2.99 prices on the bolts and raised them $1 a yard, so we need to take advantage of the 40% and 50% off sales as much as possible. It works in my wallet!

Good to know others are into saving on fabrics where they can. Not everyone has a bottomless pit of $$$$$'s.

June