Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Bernina 830 Record on Craigslist >
  • Bernina 830 Record on Craigslist

• Bernina 830 Record on Craigslist

Old 05-11-2010, 05:14 PM

I just ran across this posting on Craigslist:

http://missoula.craigslist.org/art/1710314988.html

It's in western Montana. Seems like a good price compared to what these go for on eBay. I am not affliated in any way with this post; I just saw it today and thought I would pass it on.
    Old 05-12-2010, 07:25 AM

This is the old Bernina 830. The original machine was manufactured between the years of 1972 to 1982, and is a mechanical machine - not computerized. Here is another link with 830's for sale.

http://bernina830.com/bernina-830-for-sale/
    Old 05-12-2010, 09:01 AM

It is a beautiful machine with many of the original attachments, but I think the price is too high. I got an 807 a few years back with everything except the carrying case at a dealer with a 1 year guarantee for $150.00.
    Old 05-13-2010, 12:10 PM

I bought my 830 Bernina with attachments in 1973, paid $550 for it brand new. I still have it and it has several million miles on it and still working. In fact, I'm using it to finish a quilt.
    Old 05-14-2010, 07:10 AM

I bought this machine in 1975 and I agree it was wonderful. Unfortunately it was stolen. Years later my husband found one for 450 in Midland, Texas. I gave it to a friend who lost her house to a fire after my husband passed. Hated to not be generous but it had the best satin stitch of any machine I have ever had. Can't believe they are this high
    Old 05-16-2010, 02:36 PM
    Banned

thank you for the site. I can dream. God bless. Penny
    Old 05-16-2010, 07:50 PM
    Google Goddess

wow
    Old 05-17-2010, 09:07 PM

I inherited this model machine from my G'ma, she bought it new. It is an awesome machine and from what I've heard from the dealers they will ask these type of prices. For a basic machine it is amazing! The ad offers quite a few feet and I know that they are very expensive! The price is decent but since I always try to get the best deal I would talk them down.
    Old 05-18-2010, 07:58 PM

Unfortunately, high demand and low supply have driven these beauties sky high, especially at the auctions, but now private parties are cashing in, too. This machine does appear to be in very good shape, has a lot of accessories including it's beautiful red case. It is certainly worth it, but I agree, it should be lower, maybe $450. Anyone else fortunate enough to find one for less than that has been VERY lucky.

I own two Berninas, and old 730 Record that I paid $350 for back in 1994, and a newer 1090 that I got for a song from a friend a year ago. I too, have a million miles on the 730, and have had only two small issues with it in all this time. Wish my body ran that well!

They are all such strong performers, and will run forever as long as they are dearly loved and maintained regularly by a Bernina certified technician. I belong to a Yahoo Group called the Bernina Thirty Somethings. This is one excellent group with an awesome amount of knowledge and experience with a variety of Berninas. They have a lot of info on file and pictures galore as well as some of the friendliest folks I've ever met.

Thanks for the info, always nice to know our quilting board members are looking out for us.