Binding Babies

Old 12-25-2017, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

if i remember, i use a store plastic bag and slip one handle underneath my machine. my binding stays neatly in the bag as i pull it out.
Old 12-26-2017, 03:32 PM

That is very cute.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:26 AM

The dolls ARE sew cute....I'm too frugal, but if I could make myself spend money, I would definitely purchase these. They would brighten up the room. Instead, I use toilet paper rolls, and also the larger spools after the thread is used up. And when I've used all the binding I need, I'm saving the leftover pieces, perhaps 6", perhaps 13 inches"....whatever is left over, and then I'll be sewing them together for a scrappy binding. I already have two whole bindings wrapped around paper towel holders, waiting to be sewn on to two queen sized tops that I'm in the process of constructing. I belong to a guild who ties quilts, and after we get together on the first Thursday of each month, then I will bring them back home and bind them. The quilts then go to the Shelter for Abused Women. And while I'm mentioning that...does ANYbody know of a place in Michigan where there is a Shelter for Abused Men??? We've yet to find one. Any help on that would be great. Thanks in advance. Sorry, didn't mean to get off the original subject of the adorable binding babies.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
if i remember, i use a store plastic bag and slip one handle underneath my machine. my binding stays neatly in the bag as i pull it out.
sounds brilliant, I'm trying to picture where the handle goes. Is your machine set in?
Old 12-28-2017, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by grmamrtha1
I belong to a guild who ties quilts, and after we get together on the first Thursday of each month, then I will bring them back home and bind them. The quilts then go to the Shelter for Abused Women. ANYbody know of a place in Michigan where there is a Shelter for Abused Men??? We've yet to find one. Any help
Interesting concept. I know several abused men and saw a woman beating her husband a few years ago. Imagnine how much worse it would get not in public. I expect the stigma is too strong to go public, the the women's shelters would know if anyone would.