Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Embroidery Designs FREE today only >
  • Embroidery Designs FREE today only

• Embroidery Designs FREE today only

Old 03-26-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sharoni
    Can someone here help me? I buy designs all the time. But they are on my computer. How can I get them across the room to my embroidery machine? I understand I can save them to a jump drive and I do, but they do not show up on my embroidery machine, just on my computer. What do I need to do?
    Thank you in advance
    I can help.

Tell me which machine you have. Tell me the size of your hoops also.
    Old 03-26-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by klarina
    Can someone here help me? I buy designs all the time. But they are on my computer. How can I get them across the room to my embroidery machine? I understand I can save them to a jump drive and I do, but they do not show up on my embroidery machine, just on my computer. What do I need to do?
    Thank you in advance
    I can help.

I have a Brother SE400. I need help too.
    Old 03-27-2011, 10:11 AM

I think you will need a program, I have baby lock and a program called Monogram Works. It lets me take the down load and look at it or re size and add words then it goes to my stick to be put in my machine to sew out.
    Old 03-27-2011, 10:38 AM

Thank you in advance
    Sharoni, I'm not sure if this is the issue, but if you are transferring the designs to a jump drive yet they don't show up in your embroidery machine, they may not be in the correct format for your machine or they may be in a zip file and your embroidery machine can't recognize them until they're unzipped.

KarenR, I sent you a PM with a site for the Brother SE400 that might help.

Hopefully you'll soon be able to take advantage of all the wonderful designs out there!
    Old 03-27-2011, 10:52 AM

Hi: I'm Jackie. I used to selll embroidery machines for a living.
    If you haven't purchased Brother software yet, there is another option. Embird is a program that integrates all of the separate machines together and presents a program for just a little bit of money whereas our sewing machine companies charge a little more. This program can be upgraded to digitizing as well. I have had this program for more than 10 years and I can download any design, convert, digitize and many other things with this program. If you are interested let me know. I have a Husqvarna Designer I and I use Embird software. have a good day.\
    Jackie
    Old 03-27-2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by KarenR

I can help.

I have a Brother SE400. I need help too.[/quote]

Karen, with a Brother SE400, you have the option to connect your machine to your computer through a USB cable. Either you work with a jump drive or a USB cable, you need to do this:

After you unzip the files, look for the ones that measure 3.90 inches or less x less than 3.90 inches or less.

You are receiving a file than contains formats for other machines. The format that your machine recognizes is .pes, so you need to look for the ones that are named whatever.pes.

Once you select the file that you want to embroidery, drag it and drop in the jump drive.

Make sure you have your jump drive with 6 or less designs, this way it will work more efficiently.

I hope this helps. If you have some more questions, just let me know.

Also, I would recommend for you a very nice and inexpensive utility called sewiconz. (I'm not affiliated with them. I'm just a happy customer). http://www.sandscomputing.com/id18.html
    With this utility, your embroidery designs show in your computer with a very nice icon that lets you see the embroidery size, colors and design. Very neat.

Good luck to you.
    Old 03-27-2011, 08:58 PM

I just went over to her website and they were still free today.. (Sunday 3/27/11) I downloaded them and will be anxious to stitch them out. I have not used her designs before so I'll be interested to see how they do. Thank you for the link.. I love sunbonnet anything it seems!

p.s. you all sound like you know all the embroidery answers.. I'm still learning. I do okay, but I'm not confident enough to try to help someone else.. Good for you! It's nice that there are people that can help!