Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • EQ quilting programs >
  • EQ quilting programs

• EQ quilting programs

Old 05-30-2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by JJs
    I wasn't going to upgrade until I saw that $58 price and decided it was certainly worth that!
    I like the new part about using a picture to make a quilt..
    and look at those log cabin stars!
    and the being able to just put blocks down anywhere....

can't wait...
    I only had my 6 a month when I decided to pre-order the 7 upgrade. I didn't learn about the upgrade until the day before 6 was delivered and was really frustrated but I've thoroughly enjoyed learning how to use 6 and see that the improvements to 7 are definitely worth the upgrade purchase price. I'm very impressed with 6 and what it does even though I'm only through the 4th tutorial. I had it 2 weeks when I attened an EQ Users Group meeting in the retirement community I live in and the lady who was helping me with their project was very impressed with 6 - she is still using 5 and we could do things with 6 that she couldn't and had to use Word to accomplish. We made tags for the back of quilts that you print out on printable fabric. I need to get that done as I made one to put on hubby's throw that I made him awhile back and never got a tag on it. We have our next monthly meeting on Tues. so I can take it in for show and tell.
    Old 05-30-2010, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by peabee
    jjs, is the $58.00 price tag for upgraders as well as new owners? what's the "learning curve" on eq software?
    There is a learning curve but I've taken to it very comfortably but I also do computer crafting which means I work in Paint Shop Pro editing photos and graphics and encorporating them together. EQ has many of the same tools.

The manual and video tutorials are wonderful and very easy to follow and understand. I just completed lesson 4 out of 5 in the manual today and had a ball working on it. I do know ladies though who just can't grasp it and feel it's way over their heads. A friend of mine who is very accomplished with EQ6 took classes through quilt university.com and said they are worth the money, you work at your own pace and you learn a lot! She is taking another class right now and loves it.

When I bought it, I wasn't sure how much I'd use it as being a hand quilter, I'm a slow quilter but as I'm getting into the software, I can see where it is going to come in very handy. I may not use it as much as the prolific machine quilters but I will use it enough to make it worth the money.
    Old 05-30-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by grammypatty7
    Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    I preordered mine as well. Now I have to find all my "extras" like BlockBase and Sew Precise disks. I haven't installed my EQ6 on this computer (only our older one), so I am excited that EQ7 does not require me to load EQ6 first to do the upgrade.
    Are you sure of this? Did you purchase the upgrade or the full program. I pre-ordered the upgrade and it originally stated at the EQ site that we do have to have EQ6 installed and activated before we can install EQ7 upgrade. Hopefully you are correct in this. Since I just bought EQ6 a month ago, it is on this computer but I anticipate buying a new one sometime during the next year and really would prefer NOT to have to install 6 first and then 7.
    You don't have to have EQ6 installed on the computer but you do have to have the license #.
    Old 05-30-2010, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    I preordered mine as well. Now I have to find all my "extras" like BlockBase and Sew Precise disks. I haven't installed my EQ6 on this computer (only our older one), so I am excited that EQ7 does not require me to load EQ6 first to do the upgrade.
    And, EQ6 does not need to be installed on the computer prior to installing EQ7. You just need to type in your EQ6 license ID and password during the EQ7 setup.

You are right. I had to go to the website to read that. Somehow I missed it and was annoyed thinking that I'd have to be installing 6 on the new computer when I get it. Thank you sooooo much for mentioning this and now I know how to do it too when the time comes.
    Old 05-30-2010, 02:32 PM
    Google Goddess

wow, you designed a cool quilt
    Old 05-30-2010, 02:32 PM

Yes and I do. I was concerned about the limited 4 installations on 6 and how that would work with 7 but I see we'll get the new 7 policy of unlimited installations which is great! Thank you so much, you taught me something new today. The first thing I'll do when I get 7 is make an address lable with the EQ6 license number and password and put right with the EQ7 CD too.
    Old 05-30-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by grammypatty7
    Yes and I do. I was concerned about the limited 4 installations on 6 and how that would work with 7 but I see we'll get the new 7 policy of unlimited installations which is great! Thank you so much, you taught me something new today. The first thing I'll do when I get 7 is make an address lable with the EQ6 license number and password and put right with the EQ7 CD too.
    You do kind of have a limited amount...I don't remember how many you can have activated at one time but once you hit that number, you have to deactivate one in order to add another installation...they say it's easy.
    Old 05-30-2010, 02:41 PM

Hi all! Where did you order the EQ7 program from?

Anyone going to be selling their EQ6 or is that allowed? If so, can it be used on another PC and still registered to get the upgrade? Just wondering.
    Old 05-30-2010, 02:50 PM

I preorded said she would e-mail .
    shirleyt
    Old 05-30-2010, 07:46 PM

I don't think anyone can sell their eq6 because we need the license # and the password to use for the upgrade to 7.. so there is no way to share that I know about.. I'd love to share it with my sister.. but no can do as far as I can tell.

Others may know more than I do.. and will hopefully confirm this thought or set me straight. I do think we need to honor copyrights and give credit to whom it's due... but it would be nice to be able to share in the family. I guess that would open the door to sharing all over the world though, so they have protected it.