Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Fairy Quilt GodMother free pp block >
  • Fairy Quilt GodMother free pp block

• Fairy Quilt GodMother free pp block

Old 06-26-2011, 07:26 PM

Mine took me about 2 days off and on between taking care of my little ones. I did wake up on morning 2 about 6am to finish her, had to see what she looked like. Maybe now I can actually complain to my Fairy Quilt Godmother when something goes wrong...HAHA. Anyway not finished with her yet, want to add some more boarders and quilt it, will re-post when completed.
    Originally Posted by reeskylr
    Those are great. How did you finish so quickly with all those itty bitty pieces. I have a feeling there is going to be some fabric cheating for me, I can barely see them, much less sew it. ;)
    Old 06-26-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Mary
    Thanks for the awesome link...mine is Blaltnelopee! WHAT???? ;)
    :| :mrgreen:
    Old 06-26-2011, 07:33 PM

Mine is named Seamzuvia!! I would love to see everyone's after they get theirs finished!!!
    Old 06-26-2011, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by drgntatoo
    OK, I did mine....waiting for email. I can't wait to see mine!! Thanks so much for the link....What is the name of your Quilt Godmother?
    The name of mine is Magik Mina. Funny thing, Mina is an old family name.
    Old 06-26-2011, 09:36 PM

Embeljoyelle

At least that's what the website named her. My plan is to rename her Ripperina, because the two of us have spent a great deal of time together with my seam ripper! I thought I knew how to paper piece, but this little lady kicked my butt! I did OK on the piecing, but got into trouble sewing the sections together. Consequently, she's kind of wrinkled, which is no more than she deserves. She was originally supposed to have glasses, but it became apparent fairly early on that that just was not going to happen. I still need to put some borders on her and do some kind of quilting. Then I suppose I'll hang her in my sewing room, if only to remind myself to be humble. All I can say is that if she ever develops Quilt Police tendencies, she'd better remember that I know ALL her faults--and they are MANY. And I'm not afraid to share.....

Embeljoyelle...aka Rippperina!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]217381[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-217375.jpe  
    Old 06-27-2011, 02:34 AM

They are all looking so cool.
    Paper Panache did a brilliant thing with this free block. It's really creative. I still haven't gotten to start on mine yet - I will hopefully this coming week/end...!!
    Old 06-27-2011, 05:13 AM

I quite like the name of mine (Embeljoyelle) but I'm not sure it will ever get pieced. I'm astonished that they are really different. But when I had a closer look at the page listing the pattern, I noticed that it actually states which unit is different.
    Old 06-27-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Harmony
    Embeljoyelle

At least that's what the website named her. My plan is to rename her Ripperina, because the two of us have spent a great deal of time together with my seam ripper! I thought I knew how to paper piece, but this little lady kicked my butt! I did OK on the piecing, but got into trouble sewing the sections together. Consequently, she's kind of wrinkled, which is no more than she deserves. She was originally supposed to have glasses, but it became apparent fairly early on that that just was not going to happen. I still need to put some borders on her and do some kind of quilting. Then I suppose I'll hang her in my sewing room, if only to remind myself to be humble. All I can say is that if she ever develops Quilt Police tendencies, she'd better remember that I know ALL her faults--and they are MANY. And I'm not afraid to share.....
    *cackles* She looks great though. LOVE the hair.
    Old 06-27-2011, 11:52 AM

I am enjoying all the posts about our Fairy Quilt Godmother.
    Mine is called "Stipplella". I have my fabrics all chosen, but I am out of ink for my printer. I'll have to wait 'till tomorrow to go to Muskogee, our Walmart is out of my ink. I can't even start on her just yet. I love yours, even though she gave you such a hard time. I think she was worth it!!! Great job ♥
    Old 06-30-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Harmony
    Embeljoyelle

What personality she has! Love your hair choice and those eyelids are too cute!