Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Free 2015 Block of the Month Craftsy Class >
  • Free 2015 Block of the Month Craftsy Class

• Free 2015 Block of the Month Craftsy Class

Old 01-05-2015, 08:16 PM

I signed up and ordered the kit. Can't wait, I LOVE Jinny Beyer! Should we start a Jinny Beyer BOM posting for questions and answers?
    Old 01-06-2015, 05:39 AM

Michelle: Yes and yes. I think we have to get permission from the moderators. Everyone, just let me know if you want me to start the process.
    Coopah: I totally understand. I've been a veeeery bad fabricholic since the middle of October, have to stop. So I will stop trying to lure you down the slippery slope, it just would be fun to have you along.
    Just received a notification that something shipped from Craftsy. My first thought was that I hadn't ordered anything from Craftsy. Whoops, that's one advantage to getting old, you can't remember your sins let alone repent.
    Old 01-06-2015, 07:01 AM

I would love to have a JB BOM thread. I am seriously considering buying the kit.
    Old 01-07-2015, 10:53 AM

Kit shipped, can hardly wait!
    Old 01-07-2015, 01:06 PM

Since I had a Jinny Beyer border print thought I would pull some stash and see what I could come up with. The
    deep fuschia would be my background fabric with the various pinks taking the place of the blues in the kit. My concern is that the pinks, which range from bright pink to a coral pink, will blend into the fuschia background. Your honest opinion would be much appreciated. I know most people don't have their fabrics yet but the first block doesn't look very labor intensive.
    Attached Thumbnails p1070002.jpg  
    Old 01-07-2015, 01:11 PM

Her quilts are so pretty. I haven't worked on a quilt in a few months. Too busy with babysitting and helping my husband recover from back surgery. I also have not finished the Tula Pink Butterfly quilt kit I bought. That will be my priority once the quilting "mood" hits me again. But this BOM would be wonderful to do and buying her kit also.
    Old 01-07-2015, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S
    Since I had a Jinny Beyer border print thought I would pull some stash and see what I could come up with. The
    deep fuschia would be my background fabric with the various pinks taking the place of the blues in the kit. My concern is that the pinks, which range from bright pink to a coral pink, will blend into the fuschia background. Your honest opinion would be much appreciated. I know most people don't have their fabrics yet but the first block doesn't look very labor intensive.
    Post another pic w/ the pinks laying on/across your dark background.
    Old 01-07-2015, 05:29 PM

Emma, if the background fabric is the one beside the border print, I think you'll be okay. Some of the pinks look very close, though. I did buy the kit (True Confession time...off the fabric moratorium wagon already. Sigh.) So you could always buy a pink or two..or three. I should mention that I dithered long enough to be put on a back order status.
    Old 01-07-2015, 05:59 PM

Kassaundra: I will have to wait for some natural light. I did what you suggested, laid the pinks on top of the background fabric, but since its dark there is no natural light and some of the pinks are so distorted that they look white in the photo. You did give me an idea though, if I turn it into a grey scale I can tell if its the same value as the background.
    Coopah: I'm glad you are going to be joining in. Did they give you any idea how long it would be before they could put together more kits? I know there are others that have them on back order too. The good news is the first block probably won't take more than an hour to put together.
    Old 01-08-2015, 06:37 PM

The kit should be mailed at the end of next week. That's fine, as I'm working on placemats and easy peasy things until the Mystery Train arrives on Saturday. Well, that first square will probably take ME more than an hour. In college, a friend made a blouse in 2 1/2 hours...and it took me way more time than that. Oh well, sew be it!