Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Free 2015 Block of the Month Craftsy Class >
  • Free 2015 Block of the Month Craftsy Class

• Free 2015 Block of the Month Craftsy Class

Old 01-10-2015, 07:53 PM

I received my Jinny Beyer BOM kit yesterday and set about numbering the colors against the chart. Apparently I did not get #15 nor #17. Also, I had an extremely difficult time figuring out which color was which against the chart. I sure wish they would have numbered them for is, then they would have known it was short two colors! I sent a message to Craftsy but have not heard back from them yet.😥
    Old 01-11-2015, 06:34 AM

Michelle: Sorry about the hassel. Thanks for the heads up on the shortage, I'll inventory the kit when it gets here.
    How are the colors? Do they live up to the pictures?
    Old 01-11-2015, 12:32 PM

The colors are beautiful! True Jinny Beyer style! I'm sure they'll fix my shortage on Monday. I just hope hundreds of kits didn't go out like this!
    Old 01-11-2015, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Michellesews
    I received my Jinny Beyer BOM kit yesterday and set about numbering the colors against the chart. Apparently I did not get #15 nor #17. Also, I had an extremely difficult time figuring out which color was which against the chart. I sure wish they would have numbered them for is, then they would have known it was short two colors! I sent a message to Craftsy but have not heard back from them yet.
    Thanks for the 'heads up.' My kit is backordered. I wondered about the color matching and was afraid of it being difficult. Ah well, all in a day's work, yes?
    Old 01-11-2015, 06:17 PM

I hope all of you have better luck with your Craftsy order than I have, it started in KY, went to IN, TN, OH, and now in PA, my JB fabric is going to be a trip around the world quilt. lol
    Old 01-11-2015, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Michellesews
    I received my Jinny Beyer BOM kit yesterday and set about numbering the colors against the chart. Apparently I did not get #15 nor #17. Also, I had an extremely difficult time figuring out which color was which against the chart. I sure wish they would have numbered them for is, then they would have known it was short two colors! I sent a message to Craftsy but have not heard back from them yet.��
    My Bad! I found all my pieces, none were missing! I pulled the color chart up on my iPad and expanded each color as large as possible and was able to discern which color went with which number. Then I cut a smidgen and glued it there. Some of the colors iPod the paper just didn't look like the real fabric. Hope everyone gets theirs soon!
    Old 01-11-2015, 08:52 PM

Michelle: Glad to hear. Nice to know Crafty had quality control and that you won't have to try to fix an error.
    Granna: Recently I've heard of several orders from various venders doing this, I wonder how it happens. A smudge on the zip since their machine scanned? Sure increases shipping time.
    I'm hopping I'll receive mine this coming week.
    Old 01-12-2015, 07:54 AM

Emma S just checked on mine it is back in Memphis, which is only a 100 miles from me, maybe tomorrow.
    Old 01-12-2015, 09:25 AM

I figured out which color went with which fabric by blowing up the color card HUGELY and it still was not easy. I numbered each fabric and then took a snip of that fabric and glued it to the color card. Craftsy should have done this for us, IMO.
    Now...BE SURE TO CUT YOUR RESERVE PIECES IMMEDIATELY before you do anything else. The background, border print and beautiful marbeled gold all have reserve pieces to be cut and saved for later. In looking over the fabrics and I would venture to say that we will have plenty of fabric for this quilt, unlike other kits I have purchased in the past. Hope this helps everyone!
    Old 01-12-2015, 04:11 PM

Mine was last tracked in Indiana but that was on the 7th, probably been making its way across the snowy prairies, still hoping for delivery this week.
    Michelle: Really appreciate that you are sharing your discoveries. Hopefully your advice will keep me out of trouble when mine arrives. Also nice to hear there's plenty in case of errors and what could be better than JB leftovers?