Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1 >
  • Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

• Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Old 05-19-2008, 01:29 AM

It is so nice getting the reply notifications again.

Had all my block pieces up on my design wall, got them pinned into groups (have six different color flatheads) so they are ready to be sewn together.
    Old 05-19-2008, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by amma
    I just read through all this thread, it sounds like lots of fun :D I love all the pictures that have been posted, beautiful fabrics in all of them! :D Are you all going to do another one after this????

Hi Amma
    This is my first time at making mystery quilt, and I'm loving it. I really like doing it as a group and finding out how everyone is getting along with their steps. If another one would be posted later I would doing it.

I didn't get any sewing this weekend. Babysitting my 10 month old GD got top priority :lol: and weeding the flower bed. Will try tonight again.
    Old 05-19-2008, 05:09 AM

Hi Amma, Yep haveing lots of fun. And I have had some lumps along the way and still enjoying it. :shock:
    Mary and Shelly I am so glad you agree, that is exactly what I told my DH. Well off to my squares. Oh, and I am still not getting message notices. Wonder why? :roll:
    Oh and yes I think (I do) we all know we will do another mystery, how could we not want to after this fun, but don't know when. It is not a set up thing. I guess when there is a good one out there and we want to. If you or anyone finds a good mystery and wants to do it just let the board know and get sign ups. It's fun :!: :D
    Old 05-19-2008, 09:06 AM

This has been a neat way to do a Mystery Quilt because there is no rushing...I have done some at quilt camps and they have been stressful because of only having a few days to do all the cutting and sewing and peicing...Donna Rae, ripping out stitches on that many four patches would be a total pain...I would just start over again...
    Old 05-20-2008, 02:56 AM

Hi Donna Rae

I hate taking things about.. I would rather start from scratch and recut and sew the new ones and keep the old ones for a future project!!

I managed to get step #3 completed Friday night!! I would have started step #4 but I spent most of this weekend working on my beach bag tote bags I'm selling this season.

I picked up a fabric for the half square triangles to work in Step #4 but I'm not soo sure I like it. Since I am using mostly blues, greens and yellows for my scrap colours, I needed to find a colour for the spinning start that would compliment all the colours. I walked over to the quilt store that is close by and found a small print fabric with all those colours. I am wondering now if a print would work with my pieces? I might try to take a photo of the fabric and my squares tonight to post here and get your opinion before I start sewing.

Yes I believe I would be up for another Mystery Quilt too after this one!!!
    Old 05-20-2008, 05:15 AM

I think a purple or a hot pink might work.
    Old 05-20-2008, 11:25 AM

Well I took everyone's advise and made all new patches. I have the two patches done, time to iron and then sew and then I can complete step four. Not too bad. I thought that when I would check these messages someone would say step five was up. Not ready for that, but of course I have not been ready yet for a step so it will not be new :D I really like this. Kind of exciting to see what it happening. I would do it again, no question about it! Still not getting notices is anyone else?
    Old 05-20-2008, 11:26 AM

I started getting mine yesterday morning
    Old 05-20-2008, 12:43 PM

I've been getting mine, but had to go to my online spam folder and tell it "not spam" don't know if your ISP has a similar setup, but give it a try, might help.

I not ready for step 5 either, still only got the 4 blocks done :lol: , I'm getting the work done for the next begginner block, but I'll be back to it soon, probably not in time for the next step, I haven't been up to date yet :lol:
    Old 05-21-2008, 03:38 AM

WHAT!! Step 5 is now up!!! oooh mercy!!!

I have decided not to go with the print fabric I first planned to use. Instead I am going to go with a dark blue fabric for the spinning stars. I think it will look more dramatic. I think the print will dull it out. I hope to pick up that fabric either over my lunch hour or after work.