Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1 >
  • Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

• Free Mystery Quilt starting April 1

Old 05-21-2008, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    WHAT!! Step 5 is now up!!! oooh mercy!!!

I have decided not to go with the print fabric I first planned to use. Instead I am going to go with a dark blue fabric for the spinning stars. I think it will look more dramatic. I think the print will dull it out. I hope to pick up that fabric either over my lunch hour or after work.

I'm confused :?: is step 5 posted if so I couldn't find it only could see step 4 ?????? :roll:
    Old 05-21-2008, 05:29 AM

Pam I must have misread... I guess I misread Shelly's post when she said she wasn't ready for Step 5 and I thought it meant Step 5 was posted. Hey I read the post about 8:30 this morning when I got to work... guess I was still not awake!!! LOL
    Old 05-21-2008, 06:07 AM

Aggi you scared me! I am so behind!! Not ready for step 5 at all. Just so all of you will feel better I thought I would let you know you are ahead of me! :oops: Way ahead!
    I just started cutting for step 2 yesterday. I like the easy angle ruler. (after I figured out how to flip it over and realign it)
    I thought I would have the long weekend to catch up but it looks like we are going out of town for a funeral. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Old 05-21-2008, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
    Aggi you scared me! I am so behind!! Not ready for step 5 at all. Just so all of you will feel better I thought I would let you know you are ahead of me! :oops: Way ahead!
    I just started cutting for step 2 yesterday. I like the easy angle ruler. (after I figured out how to flip it over and realign it)
    I thought I would have the long weekend to catch up but it looks like we are going out of town for a funeral. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Well don't worry, I had to redo step one. Talk about getting behind. Step three you will swing through. Seems like it is taking a while then all of a sudden you are done. So don't fret. You will get there. Sorry to hear about the funeral! :(
    Old 05-21-2008, 04:20 PM

I have been printing the steps to PDF & saving it for when I have time (right, that's gonna happen).
    Jo
    Old 05-21-2008, 04:53 PM

And for some reason, this step is going quite slow for me.
    Old 05-21-2008, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by mary705
    And for some reason, this step is going quite slow for me.
    Yeah for me too, especially since I have to redo step one. I just finished iroing the two patches so now to sew them together then I can finish step four. Whew........
    Old 05-22-2008, 02:10 AM

I do have 7 of the blocks completed. I think what seems to be taking so long was that I wanted to make sure I didn't repeat any of the colors, except the actual star, and also making sure they are all going in the right direction, so definately been doing some pinning on this one (and constantly referring back to the picture).
    Old 05-22-2008, 02:49 AM

I've got 9 of the blocks done, like you Mary this time I'm using more pins and I 've got a block by my sewing machine to refer to and my pattern on my late out board. It looks nice when your done with the block but I agree this step just takes longer.
    Old 05-22-2008, 03:53 AM

Tonight is my sewing group night. We call ourselves the "Stitch and B--ch Gals" Sometimes we stitch more than .. err the other thing, or the otherway around... all depends on the night and the weeks events!! Anyway..... tonight I will go through my stash to find the right dark navy blue I want to add for the spinning star block for Step #4. I hope to get a start on those blocks by early next week! Tonight I have to work on Trevor's surprise birthday quilt! His birthday is the end of August, but I have to get cracking on it more as I have a pile more things including the quilts to teach in Sept. to prepare!

anyway, I hope to post photos soon of my progress!

Cheers!