Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Hancock Fabrics >
  • Hancock Fabrics

• Hancock Fabrics

Old 04-01-2016, 03:19 PM

The store in Bend Oregon and well as the one in Salem are closing.
    Old 04-01-2016, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by tessagin
    I didn't go there a lot because of not honoring their coupons. there was always some kind of glitch. If I went on WEdnesday, senior citizen, they would only honor 15% off certain merchandise and I couldn't use any other coupon for fabric that had a coupon. So if you bought off the coupon discount tables the 15% would not be honored.. I went one time and was looking at one of their notions racks. Saw a pack of very obvious rusty pins. Told the clerk about it and she put them back on the rack. Said they could only go back to the manufacturer if I purchased them and returned them. Just what I experienced and maybe not in other stores.
    I never had a problem with the coupons. The one I went to had very helpful staff. I have heard where others did not have good experiences. But I still hate losing another fabric source.

https://consumerist.com/2016/04/01/a...email&msg=fail
    Old 04-01-2016, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    The store in Bend Oregon and well as the one in Salem are closing.
    They are all closing. They ran 255 stores and closed a portion of them in February. Now they are all closing.
    Old 04-01-2016, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by butterfly48
    I went today and they would not honor the coupons in folder and the folder I got in mail said 50%off quilting cotton but they said in store it was only 20% off so I walked out and did not buy anything. I sure did hate for them to close also.
    On the door of the local hancocks, there is a sign posted that states no other sales or discounts will be honored during this process.
    Old 04-01-2016, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B
    Sad that they have to do this......I went to their on line store , just to see....no great markdowns. Just the usual 20,30,40,50% on selected items.....
    As the time passes before they close, I would anticipate that greater discounts show up, but of course, smaller selection. There's nothing I really need right now, except I can see in a while needing some heavier weight fabric in wider width for slipcover cushions. They had fantastic prices on this type of material.
    Old 04-01-2016, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2
    Yes, one of my friends has already shopped buying a lot of fabrics for backings. There isn't one near me since they closed it over 15 years ago.
    Well, we had one close nearby a couple of years back, but still some other stores that were within somewhat reasonable driving distance. Hate to see a loss of another fabric source. Kind of few and far between.
    Old 04-01-2016, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by slbram17
    They are all closing. They ran 255 stores and closed a portion of them in February. Now they are all closing.
    We have 2 stores here. One is closing but the other one we have been told is staying open. I hope we don't loose both of them.
    Old 04-01-2016, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jannie
    We have 2 stores here. One is closing but the other one we have been told is staying open. I hope we don't loose both of them.
    All the Hancock stores and online are closing. A liquidator has bought their assets and selling them off now. It is a major loss of fabric source, over 200 stores and over 4000 employees no longer have a job. Really bad.
    Old 04-01-2016, 07:26 PM
    Power Poster

The Hancock stores in our area (just two now, used to be four...) all have ladies who have worked in them for like 30 years. They are like family. I know them by name. They watched my kids grow up and I watched theirs. I am so sad to hear of the closings, thinking of these women and how much they need and love their jobs. It never seemed like work in those stores. They were always having such a good time and enjoying each other's company. So sorry to see this local institution go, and these sweet and loyal ladies lose their jobs. Boo, boo hoo....
    Old 04-02-2016, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    The Hancock stores in our area (just two now, used to be four...) all have ladies who have worked in them for like 30 years. They are like family. I know them by name. They watched my kids grow up and I watched theirs. I am so sad to hear of the closings, thinking of these women and how much they need and love their jobs. It never seemed like work in those stores. They were always having such a good time and enjoying each other's company. So sorry to see this local institution go, and these sweet and loyal ladies lose their jobs. Boo, boo hoo....
    It is boo hoo. The staff at the local Hancocks are not all that young. That can make it harder to find something else, and they might not find something else. I'm sorry that so many people are so affected by this, both buyers and the employees. It's dismal.