Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Missouri Star is now selling Accuquilt products. >
  • Missouri Star is now selling Accuquilt products.

• Missouri Star is now selling Accuquilt products.

Old 09-09-2023, 12:44 PM
    Power Poster

Default Missouri Star is now selling Accuquilt products.

Limited single dies right now. All the machines and cube sets. The mats prices are a good buy. I can add a few mats to an order every now and then. I always need a good supply of mats on hand.
    Old 09-10-2023, 06:02 AM

MSQC has changed a LOT since i started with them. They are growing and branching out. I just got a glimpse of a video with the 3 girls showing new tools that have created. I just barely got an GrowMe ? I think thats it. A small accucutter. Hope i like it. Sure the electric would be nice but man - spendy!
    Love them and hope that are around forever!
    Old 09-10-2023, 07:48 AM
    Power Poster

MS had grown fast. Alan, the oldest son, the one that started the company with his sister is a marketing wizard. And he used common sense. I heard his lecture on company start up at a college and it was amazing how he and his family got the company to take off even when the odds were they couldn't do it. A friend of mine who has family in Hamilton said the townspeople appreciate the Doans and have nothing bad to say about any of them.
    Old 09-10-2023, 07:57 AM
    Power Poster

I bought the Go manual machine when it first came available. Most didn't know what it was then. I remember guild members laughing at it said it was a joke. Die were not that expensive then and no price setting so I got lots on shop sales and clearances. The new tools coming out now, like the magnetic cutting mat will soon be a common thing to have in sewing room. I bought one using the pre order discount coupon. The item will only get more expensive by the time others realize how useful it will be.
    Old 09-10-2023, 09:42 AM

You can get all of the accuquilt mats and dies, including box sets at quilt in a day same price as MSQ and no sales tax, free shipping all the time on accuquilt.
    MSQ same prices as QIAD and free shipping at 59.00, and you have to pay sales tax.
    Old 09-10-2023, 10:32 AM

I love the AQ system. I have the electric BIG and a couple of the babies. Our LQS has a national educator that works with AQ and teaches class. She has the dies to use for class and helps each student with cutting fabrics for the projects. We often have 3-4 cutting at a time.

The cubes weren't available yet when I first started so I have all the individual dies for the 12 inch cube blocks. I like these dies as you can cut multiple shapes with 6 layers at a time. I've also invested in the 8 inch and 9 inch cubes plus strip dies. Don't forget the BOB dies which cut all the pieces for a block (so 6 blocks) at one time.

Love the system as it keeps fingers away from rotary cutters. This is one of my projects. The applique dies have coordinating embroidery design files that you can add to projects. Fun Stuff!

Attached Thumbnails sand-castle.jpg  
    Old 09-10-2023, 07:56 PM
    Power Poster

I buy at Quilt in a Day for most of my Accuquilt items. I keep a Bundle going at MS so I add a mat to get free shipping when I'm close to the free shipping amount. I am a very savvy shopper and do the math for every get 'free' anything.Sometimes it is better value to add a product to get the free shipping, sometimes not.
    Old 09-11-2023, 04:19 AM

I am sure i missed the boat on the great deals! It has become quite popular, which does raise the price. But i will watch for sales. Sound like i will like it more and more!

i have seen the videos with Alan at MSQC. They are pretty amazing!
    Old 09-11-2023, 05:01 PM

I saw a video of someone doing the Unboxing for the magnetic mat. It looks interesting. What do you think? Have you used it yet?
    Old 09-11-2023, 08:04 PM

When I first saw the Accuquilt system it was on "Simply Quilts". Can't remember who presented it but I thought you must really be crazy to buy that. But then another show displayed it and how accurate the cuts were and then I went to the Road to CA show in Ontario CA. It was presented by the folks at Quilt In A Day - and I went home with the GO cutter, the 2.5 inch strip die, both Tumbler dies, the clam shell, and the variety die that came with the cutter - also all the appropriate mats. First few cuts I was not impressed - then read the directions and what a difference! Now I have the GO cutter, the GO Me cutter, and the Studio 2. The GO Me was for those quick cuts when I miscounted. The Studio 2 because it stays set up and takes the larger dies for the GO BIG. Would love to get the electric cutter but too many people had issues and lets just say patience is not my middle name. I have way too many dies - but most were bought on sale. I bought the 10inch Qube set because I like the bigger blocks. And I do love EPP so when one day there was a pop up add from Accuquilt advertising it for $153.00 with free shipping, I told my DH that he just bought my Christmas present. Which made him happy.
    Even though I have had it for well over 10 years I still watch their videos for instructions. Yes, they are infomercials but they are informative on how to use their tools.
    The video I watched last week Pam & Erica were talking about going to MSQC in Hamilton so thought there was some mutual cooperation going on. Accuquilt is no longer owned by the original folks, can't remember who bought it out but it caused an increase in their prices and promotions.
    But I do recommend you check out the pop up ads from time to time - they have some deals not otherwise advertised on the website.