Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Mystery TOTE JUST STARTED Aug, 23 JOIN IN >
  • Mystery TOTE JUST STARTED Aug, 23 JOIN IN

• Mystery TOTE JUST STARTED Aug, 23 JOIN IN

Old 09-02-2008, 06:48 AM

Sorry, Donna, about your sewing machine troubles. Hope they get her all fixed up soon! Glad you have a backup!

Susan
    Old 09-02-2008, 08:11 AM

. . .Love your jars. Have to use my standby machine. Don't know what happend to my machine. The feed dogs don't want to go up. Makes a funny noise. Bummer. Into the shop it goes. But my standby is good too. Just messed up with the stitches at first. Had to backward sew a little. Anyway I just might make another tote too. Have to start on DH water bottle carrier first. I promised him. :roll: [/quote]

DonnaRae: Do you have a pattern (or picture) for the water bottle carrier? You mentioned it before, but my mind moved on before I asked you about it.

Linda
    Old 09-02-2008, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
    . . .Love your jars. Have to use my standby machine. Don't know what happend to my machine. The feed dogs don't want to go up. Makes a funny noise. Bummer. Into the shop it goes. But my standby is good too. Just messed up with the stitches at first. Had to backward sew a little. Anyway I just might make another tote too. Have to start on DH water bottle carrier first. I promised him. :roll:
    DonnaRae: Do you have a pattern (or picture) for the water bottle carrier? You mentioned it before, but my mind moved on before I asked you about it.

Linda[/quote]

Yes but I am going to do it a little different this time. I will let you know how when I am finished (just in case something goes wrong :wink: ) But in the meantime I have a freebie site for one: http://www.ymib.com/daily-inspiratio...e-carrier.html

I use Insul-Brite to help keep the water cold. But the pattern above does not close up enough around the neck of the bottle so I am trying something new/different with this one. If this is what you are interested in then when I finish and it works out I will tell you what I did. :wink: Let me know.
    Old 09-02-2008, 08:46 AM

Thank you DonnaRae. That looks simple enough. I've printed the pattern. I would like to know how you change it to close it up a bit more. I'm pinning this to my board so I won't lose track of it.

I'm thinking this would be a great gift idea. Maybe I could make it to match the Mystery Tote.

Linda
    Old 09-02-2008, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
    Thank you DonnaRae. That looks simple enough. I've printed the pattern. I would like to know how you change it to close it up a bit more. I'm pinning this to my board so I won't lose track of it.

I'm thinking this would be a great gift idea. Maybe I could make it to match the Mystery Tote.

Linda
    Yes it is a great gift idea. I notice a lot of people carrying water bottles now but not a lot have a case for them. I have been thinking of saleing them maybe. Oh the easy way to close it is just add some elastic to the top. Very easy. But my DH saw one with Velcro all the way down the side and the carrier was really snug with just the mouth drinking piece showing. He liked that, but the more I think about it, why leave easy? The Velcro down the side opens on the side to put the bottle in and out. I think you are probably getting the picture! :D
    Old 09-02-2008, 09:27 AM

very smart idea Donna Rae!
    Old 09-02-2008, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    Hey you could do them too, matching with little sandles or better yet sandles on the totes and sunglasses on the carriers or suntan lotion, such fun!!! :D
    Old 09-02-2008, 11:03 AM

DonnaRae: I agree with you. Elastic would be easy enough to do. I'll play around with it if I get a chance. Sounds like a fun project. Fun to make, fun to give.

Linda

Old 09-03-2008, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
    Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    Hey you could do them too, matching with little sandles or better yet sandles on the totes and sunglasses on the carriers or suntan lotion, such fun!!! :D
    Now you got me thinking more!!! hmmmmmmmmmm I will be going into design mode for those bags in a couple months time, once I have the Christmas projects done. I will be layering and quilting two of the 11 Christmas tree skirts this week. Those two are gifts, but I have 8 of those that will be for sale. ooh that reminds me. Someone on this site was interested in purchasing one of those tree skirts and I had to send her photos of those I'm selling for her to choose one. Better get on that !!!

But yes i will be wanting to get an early start on my summer flip flop tote bags and other funky designs for the new year before the Cruise ship and southern resort season comes along!
    Old 09-04-2008, 02:13 AM

Okay I'm caught up and after picking new fabric got it done. YIPE and I had to piece more small parts than ever but hey I DID IT.

for my daughter who will be a teacher
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17611[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-17611.jpe