Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Bonnie Hunter's Mystery quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/bonnie-hunters-mystery-quilt-t73825.html)

BellaBoo 11-16-2010 05:49 AM

Her Double Delight Mystery has been my favorite so far. It's beautiful in the colors she choose. I did the Christmas Lights mystery too. Also a beautiful quilt. Her patterns are so easy to throw in just about any scrap fabric you have.

ranger 11-19-2010 07:22 AM

Part 1 is posted. Let's get rolling!

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/

LoriJ 11-19-2010 08:12 AM

Will do as soon as I get home from work. Gotta win the Lottery some day!!! :(

JeanieG 11-19-2010 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by ranger

Got the directions printed out. Does not look too bad for the 1st week - just a lot of strip piecing and cutting!

Suse 11-19-2010 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by ranger

Thanks, I saw it on Facebook. 8-)

omak 11-19-2010 10:07 AM

THANK YOU!
I remembered Friday was the day, and this morning, while out watering the cattle, I thought - - I need to check on that when I get back to the house ...
well ... things are a bit different out here at the ranch, and it is: the loudest, most demanding gets the attention.
Had you not posted to the thread, Lord only knows when I would have thought of it again, but I would probably win the bet if I said - - the next time would be out somewhere far and away from the bunkhouse.
Thank you, again!
I just have one question ... why does it have to be pink???? IHATE pink ... will think on this awhile, because truth be told - - as much as I hate it, I seem to find it all through my stash ...
oh! what to do, what to do???? and, wherever DID I put the green that I am not too fond of either! LOL
(we all have our little problems, don't we? :wink: <wave>

LoriJ 11-19-2010 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by omak
THANK YOU!
I remembered Friday was the day, and this morning, while out watering the cattle, I thought - - I need to check on that when I get back to the house ...
well ... things are a bit different out here at the ranch, and it is: the loudest, most demanding gets the attention.
Had you not posted to the thread, Lord only knows when I would have thought of it again, but I would probably win the bet if I said - - the next time would be out somewhere far and away from the bunkhouse.
Thank you, again!
I just have one question ... why does it have to be pink???? IHATE pink ... will think on this awhile, because truth be told - - as much as I hate it, I seem to find it all through my stash ...
oh! what to do, what to do???? and, wherever DID I put the green that I am not too fond of either! LOL

Omak, use any color combination that you want, just make sure you have four different ones. :thumbup:

Marlys 11-19-2010 11:58 AM

THANK YOU!
Thank you, again!

See, it was meant to be! This is a great way to use up all of that pink in your stash so you can get fabric that you love!!!

Candace 11-19-2010 03:34 PM

THANK YOU!
Thank you, again!

I'm not a fan of pink and green together as it seems little girlish to me. But, I'm game and if I don't love it when I'm done it will make a nice gift for someone. And my collection of scraps will (fingers crossed) be a lot smaller.

omak 11-19-2010 05:01 PM

Thank you for your suggestions and encouragement!
I like how you figured out that I just needed four different color families. It seems simple enough to figure out, but I just hadn't taken time to figure it out.
As far as making a dent in scrap stash - - don't believe it! <g> I have been at scrap reduction for a long time, and when I get on a roll, they seem to breed! LOL
I should say that I do like two shades of color in those families - - electric pink with electric green, but it has to be just right the right shade of each, and wouldn't you know? I own neither!
I do like the idea that it was meant to be, though - - if you knew how much pink I have given away and then end up finding another big bunch of it, no one would believe how much I dislike the color.
Do you suppose I am delusional??? LOL <wave>