Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Meadow Mist Designs Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/meadow-mist-designs-mystery-quilt-t280303.html)

Jeanne S 10-15-2016 12:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my finished October and September pieces.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]560324[/ATTACH]

silliness 10-15-2016 06:15 PM

Jeanne, I am loving your blocks. I am hoping to get started on mine this week.

NoraB 10-16-2016 11:53 AM

Thank you Jeanne S for posting your blocks. I signed up for this, but haven't been able to sew (broken shoulder) yet. But, your pictures have inspired me and help me determine what fabric to use. Please keep us all movitated! Anyone who is doing this, please share what you've done! It inspires us and also is so much fun to see what others are working on. Kind of like a class....but far away attendees!

Jeanne S 10-16-2016 12:26 PM

NoraB, I hope your shoulder heals quickly and you join in with us. It has been a fairly easy pattern so far and the one-clue-a-month pace is not very demanding. You will catch up with us very fast once you can start. This is just my second mystery quilt, and I find the fabric selection the hardest part! I sure second-guess myself on these fabrics. It is fun to see all the other colors/fabrics that everyone uses. I signed up to the Meadow Mist Facebook page, and there are almost 1,000 quilters posting their progress---very interesting to see the variations! Join in our little group here!!

NZquilter 10-17-2016 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jeanne S (Post 7677649)
NZquilter, please do join us! Each of the clues (cutting, then 2 sewing clues so far)have only taken a couple of hours to do, and there is only one per month!! So you have lots of time. The only question I would have is about your fabric A choice. The directions said to avoid directional fabrics and I wonder if the plaid would work--the clues so far are making lots of triangle shapes. The rest look rest to me!

I found some other fabrics for A and D. Do you think this looks better? Thank you for your help and advice:) Sorry that the lighting is kinda bad; for some reason it looks yellow in the picture. This is my first mystery quilt and I want to to look nice.

Jeanne S 10-17-2016 02:15 PM

NZ, I think this group of fabrics will make a lovely Christmas quilt! The size of the prints look great. And I think your dark/light values match the instructions! Go for it!!

NZquilter 10-17-2016 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S (Post 7679380)
NZ, I think this group of fabrics will make a lovely Christmas quilt! The size of the prints look great. And I think your dark/light values match the instructions! Go for it!!

Thank you, Jeanne. Now off to the cutting map:) This is so exciting!

judy363905 10-17-2016 07:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yesterday I had to walk away from this ..yikkies. Those Half hourglass block were giving me issues..thought on it overnight and decided it was sewing un-even squares on the angle and then squaring to the 4-1/2" block. This is what I came up with ...please see photos below...basically I cut on the angle and then sewed the scant 1/4" and then squared to 4-1/4" block. If you are having issues too you might like to try this ..
Judy in Phx, AZ

Jeanne S 10-17-2016 11:51 PM

Judy, I like your method. The uneven squares were giving me fits too, so I decided to trim the solid, light square first to match the HST unit before drawing the Diagonal line. But your method saves that extra trimming step!

judy363905 10-18-2016 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just breezed through these 4-1/2" block this am. ..all ready for November's clue

Judy in Phx, AZ