Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Meadow Mist Designs Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/meadow-mist-designs-mystery-quilt-t280303.html)

Jeanne S 10-18-2016 02:32 PM

They look great, Judy!!!

quiltsRfun 10-18-2016 03:22 PM

Nice work, Judy.

judy363905 10-18-2016 04:43 PM

Thanks for your kind comments, so good to get over a hurdle that was causing me problems..gladness I walked away for a day :)
Judy in Phx, AZ

quiltsRfun 10-18-2016 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 7680358)
Thanks for your kind comments, so good to get over a hurdle that was causing me problems..gladness I walked away for a day :)
Judy in Phx, AZ

Sometimes you just need to take a break and clear your mind. That's one of the things I'm enjoying about this mystery - no pressure.

silliness 10-19-2016 08:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great job, judy. I love your blocks.

I worked on mine today. I didn't have any issues, except the single fabric for the half hour glass blocks was a small compared to my finished HST. But I just centered it, eyeballed the corners and it all turned out fine when I trimmed them down.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]560594[/ATTACH]

NZquilter 10-20-2016 01:21 AM

That is going to be a very pretty quilt, silliness! I like the way you are reversing the light and dark from the original instructions, it's going to make it just beautiful.

I'll be working on mine later today if I can. I didn't add an extra 1/4" to the pieces while cutting, so I'm now hoping I didn't make a mistake. I just thought I have never done that to any other quilt, why should I do that now... Who knows, this may be the death of me!:)

Jeanne S 10-20-2016 05:05 AM

Silliness---great blocks! NZ, you made the right call by not cutting larger--sure wish I had not done so. Lesson learned for me.

silliness 10-20-2016 06:53 AM

I should have said that I cut them big as well. I am sorry that it didn't work for you, Jeanne. I would have felt the same way had I not made the blocks bigger so that I could trim them down. I just don't sew precise enough, but it sounds like you are an accurate sewer by nature. I think you will be happier if you trim all of your blocks down before sewing each month.

I do like that Cheryl gave us options this year. However, I do think her directions this month were too simplistic. Especially, with the lack of instructions on how to square them up. Plus, I think her measurement were off on the second fabric attached to the HST to form the half hour glass blocks. It should have been 5.5" and not 5.25" (for those of us that cut larger).

NZquilter 10-23-2016 08:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I caught up a few days ago, and here are my blocks. I have at least 4 green fabrics and 4 red fabrics, because I didn't have enough yardage for B and C. But I think it adds interest. The only hard part is trying to use each evenly, as of course we have no idea where these blocks will be placed. But that's the fun too!

quiltsRfun 10-23-2016 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking good Nzquilter. I like your scrappy selection. Won't it be fun to see all the finished quilts.

Here's mine, loose threads and all. One of my fabrics is directional but so far I've been able to keep all the flowers in each unit or block facing the same direction. We'll see how it turns out in the end. (Not a very good photo, the light was bad.)