Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Meadow Mist Designs Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/meadow-mist-designs-mystery-quilt-t280303.html)

Jeanne S 11-03-2016 08:36 AM

Glad the next clue is out, but it will be a couple of days before I have ant sewing time, darn it! Looking forward to seeing every one else's progress!

judy363905 11-05-2016 04:03 PM

Yeah finished 8 Flying Geese units this afternoon, it was fun to use fabric A. So happy I located my Quilt in a Day flying goose ruler...makes trimming up so easy. :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

judy363905 11-06-2016 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Worked on these Flying Geese and square in a square units this weekend. No issues with Flying Geese.
I did NOT cut blocks larger. On the S I S blocks ..on my test block I sewed scant 1/4" when squaring to 4-1/2" I would have lost inside point if I had trimmed. Next test 1/4 seams trimmed just a tiny bit...as we have to made 16 of these units ....I marked my 4-1/2" square ruler like this -- big help when trimming.

Judy in Phx, AZ

NZquilter 11-06-2016 02:35 PM

I love your blocks, Judy! And thanks for the tips too. I haven't started my November ones yet, as I am racing on another quilt right now:)

silliness 11-06-2016 06:02 PM

I love your blocks Judy. Your quilt is going to be awesome. What is the pink on your ruler, Judy? Is it a marker or tape?

I have been contemplating all day ordering a Bloc Loc flying geese ruler. I am afraid to square up the geese with the 4.5" ruler. Because I cut large, I have to cut alot off the top. But I like your idea, Judy. Hmmm, I wonder if a chalk marker would work.

judy363905 11-06-2016 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by silliness (Post 7694303)
I love your blocks Judy. Your quilt is going to be awesome. What is the pink on your ruler, Judy? Is it a marker or tape?

I have been contemplating all day ordering a Bloc Loc flying geese ruler. I am afraid to square up the geese with the 4.5" ruler. Because I cut large, I have to cut alot off the top. But I like your idea, Judy. Hmmm, I wonder if a chalk marker would work.

It is called Glow line tape, I use it when I have many squares to cut the same size and do not have a ruler that size. So I thought if I marked the center square with the tape on my 4-1/2" square it would help with keeping the 1/4" seam allowance on the block. See photo package with 3 different color spools and tape clings to the plastic ruler.
Hope this answers your question :)
Judy

silliness 11-06-2016 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by judy363905 (Post 7694367)
It is called Glow line tape, I use it when I have many squares to cut the same size and do not have a ruler that size. So I thought if I marked the center square with the tape on my 4-1/2" square it would help with keeping the 1/4" seam allowance on the block. See photo package with 3 different color spools and tape clings to the plastic ruler.
Hope this answers your question :)
Judy

That is brilliant. I have to get some. Yellow, orange, and red. That is great! I have been looking for something like this and didn't know it existed.

I have my blocks all made now. I just need to trim all of them. But I have to get some tape first. Thanks, Judy!

quiltsRfun 11-06-2016 11:16 PM

My blocks are finished. Much to my surprise they came put close to perfect. Just a little trimming on both and it looks like my points will be OK. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Jeanne S 11-16-2016 06:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally finished my November clue! I have 4 projects going on at once, not something I normally do. And the Bonnie a Hunter mystery starts next week! My sewing room looks like an Oklahoma tornado went through it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562259[/ATTACH]

quiltsRfun 11-16-2016 07:08 AM

Looking good, Jeanne. What a great color combination.