Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Meadow Mist Designs Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/meadow-mist-designs-mystery-quilt-t280303.html)

Jeanne S 09-01-2016 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface (Post 7642155)
I checked the blog and it said Block 6. I am a bit confused maybe because I haven't had my full cup of coffee yet. Does the mystery start with block 6 and work backwards ( Block 5 would be for October?). Or did I miss instructions for Blocks 1-5?
I would like to participate just don't know if I am too far behind. Thanks

please join us! This is the very first sewing clue. I was a little confused seeing "block 6" as well, then just decided that is the name of the block for this clue and we will get instructions later what to do with Block 6 in the assembly information. The. Cutting didn't take long, and you can easily catch up in the month of September. Next clue is October 1st.

i got all my HSTs paired, marked and sewn and cut today, but still have to trim all of them and assemble the block.

silliness 09-01-2016 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]557307[/ATTACH]

I didn't carefully read the directions and so I failed to use open seams on Block 6. My blocks didn't exactly finish at 12.5". Kinda wonky, but I am sure I can ease them in. I am not going to trim them until I know what we are going to do with them next.

Jeanne S 09-01-2016 05:28 PM

Silliness your blocks look great, love the colors!

Nanny's dollface 09-01-2016 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by silliness (Post 7642755)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]557307[/ATTACH]

I didn't carefully read the directions and so I failed to use open seams on Block 6. My blocks didn't exactly finish at 12.5". Kinda wonky, but I am sure I can ease them in. I am not going to trim them until I know what we are going to do with them next.

Ok! I'm in! Between your beautiful block and comments from you and Jeanne S. I will be picking up my fabrics this Saturday at an estate sale. One clue a month- that I can handle ! Thank-you

silliness 09-01-2016 06:29 PM

Thank you. Btw, I just laid my four blocks out in that pattern. I don't know if that will be the final layout, but it looks neat.

Can't wait to see your fabric choices, Nanny. I hope you post the pics of your fabric from the estate sale.

Jeanne S 09-02-2016 01:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am half way done. Have two of the four "Block 6" done, and most of my other HST trimmed. Here is a progress photo to show the blocks. I did the 'add 1/4"' cutting method, so am having to trim everything down. The results seem pretty accurate, and my finished block is coming out at the 12 1/2" size, but boy is it MUCH more time consuming. Not sure I will do that again.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]557366[/ATTACH]

Bluebonnets 09-03-2016 07:05 AM

JeanneS and silliness, they look great!

Bluebonnets 09-03-2016 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've finished my block 6 and the HST.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]557412[/ATTACH]
Not a great photo, I know :)

quiltsRfun 09-03-2016 09:07 AM

Looking good everyone. I'm working on mine today. Had a DUH moment when squaring up the HST but I think I'm on the right track now.

silliness 09-03-2016 03:08 PM

Love the blocks Jeanne and Bluebonnets!