Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Quilt Block Library NOT Good >
  • Quilt Block Library NOT Good

• Quilt Block Library NOT Good

Old 07-13-2011, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by BettyGee
    I had visited the Quilt Library a few times and decided to give it a try by purchasing one "credit." That was $2.50. You then may download patterns using your purchased "credits." They suggest you make a much larger investment, but I thought I'd try it with $2.50 which is one credit. I used my credit to purchase a block called "Rebel Patch" which I felt would be perfect for a project I have coming up. I received an error message advising to contact "the administrator." Long story short, after three messages to them I still do not have my purchased pattern and not even a reply to my inquiry. I would strongly urge you to be very careful on this site.
    People are SO DUMB, don't they know how quickly word spreads about their subterfuges? That web site is dead!
    :thumbdown:
    Old 07-13-2011, 08:05 AM

Send this link to the company. It may change its tune when it sees a note of its poor customer service in print.
    Old 07-13-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by thrums
    Send this link to the company. It may change its tune when it sees a note of its poor customer service in print.
    i agree. i think companies need to see that it's not only the customers, but potential customers, who see the bad service!
    Old 07-13-2011, 08:42 AM

I always try to remember that alot of the online businesses I purchase from are just quilters like me and that I'm not always the most organized person. I know they should strive for professionalism, but I'd try to give her the benefit of the doubt. I've not had any bad experiences with Penny.
    Old 07-13-2011, 08:45 AM

Out of curiosity I looked around and it is quilt block library.

http://www.quiltblocklibrary.com/

oops now I see you had that in your subject line. sorry
    Old 07-13-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by patticriss
    I always try to remember that alot of the online businesses I purchase from are just quilters like me and that I'm not always the most organized person. I know they should strive for professionalism, but I'd try to give her the benefit of the doubt. I've not had any bad experiences with Penny.
    It was because of Penny's rep that I even got involved with the Quilt Block Library. I'm still going to wait another week to see if they resolve the problem. We are not perfect creatures and $2.50 is not a lot of money; however, I made the purchase in good faith and am very unhappy with the treatment I've received so far. If I had made the significant investment they suggest on the site it would constitute a much larger problem. The premise of the site is a great idea and I would prefer a different outcome.
    Old 07-13-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by BettyGee
    I had visited the Quilt Library a few times and decided to give it a try by purchasing one "credit." That was $2.50. You then may download patterns using your purchased "credits." They suggest you make a much larger investment, but I thought I'd try it with $2.50 which is one credit. I used my credit to purchase a block called "Rebel Patch" which I felt would be perfect for a project I have coming up. I received an error message advising to contact "the administrator." Long story short, after three messages to them I still do not have my purchased pattern and not even a reply to my inquiry. I would strongly urge you to be very careful on this site.
    Anyone who wants me to "make a much larger investment", puts me on alert. Glad it was not an expensive lesson.
    Old 07-15-2011, 08:42 AM

Just so this info is here to think about...

Reading some of the emails I am getting from Penny that look to be automated...her & her husband are in Scotland on a vacation. She is so involved every day with her business but a vacation is just that..A break. I would not hesitate to buy from her again as I have always had good results and wonderful customer service.
    Old 07-16-2011, 04:59 AM

i get the emails and take advantage of the free blocks that are offered. i have never bought a block. i also load them and keep them.
    Old 07-16-2011, 10:32 AM

I read this morning that Penny will be home this week