Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Are you looking for a ruler work online class for your domestic sewing machine >
  • Are you looking for a ruler work online class for your domestic sewing machine

• Are you looking for a ruler work online class for your domestic sewing machine

Old 11-20-2018, 06:28 PM

Default Are you looking for a ruler work online class for your domestic sewing machine

[h=2]Are you looking for a ruler work online class for your domestic sewing machine[/h]
    I am currently taking a ruler work class on line from My Sassy Notions. You do have to have a ruler foot for your domestic sewing machine. Depending on if your machine is low shank or medium shank, High Shank or High Shank Special ruler foot.
    I have the following rulers:
    8" Crosshair ruler -8 points,
    8 1/2" crosshair ruler - 6 points
    12"Arc Template
    12 Stable Tapes
    1 Spacing Gauge to measure 1/8", 1/4 ",1/2" and 1" spaces

6" Spiral
    Feathers set of 4 templates 5", 4", 3" and 2"

There us also a template sampler set: a set of 6 templates to get you started with ruler work
    1 x 6" spiral, 1 x Spin-e-fex No.4 - 1 x circles on quilts spinning wheel No. 36, 1 x 4 " arc - 1 x clamshell - Bonus 2 inch simple circle. Go to [email protected]

I find that I love doing ruler work, and on the computer it is much more relaxed, as you watch Leonie on the videos - she describes the process and I found if I take notes, then I sew after class, by reviewing the video and follow the directions she provides, it is much easier. The moderator is from Sassy Notions in the USA, and she is very helpful - you can talk to her after your class online, as she holds a question and answer session.

I also have rulers for my long arm, and these templates are much thicker than the domestic ones.

I hope this will assist anyone looking for a variation in their quilting experience.
    Old 11-21-2018, 06:14 AM
    Power Poster

Thank you Donna! I'm very interested. I especially want to learn how to do feathers.
    Old 11-22-2018, 07:16 AM

This is a group on facebook and Jeanne is an excellent teacher. Has videos on u-tube. Machine Quilting Tutorials with Jeanne