Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Machine Embroidery
  • Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >
  • Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

• Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 01-24-2015, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts
    Ania755 ... I don't have the Janome, but I have a Husqvarna and I bought the hoop with the magnets ... LOVE LOVE LOVE it ... so much easier to move the fabric / quilt around and get that perfect placement without having to take it out of the hoop again! And when you are doing continuous borders, just slide that baby up, and slap on those magnets and hit start!!!

OMG - this is a eureka moment for me! Its just registered that I no longer need to struggle trying to squish a quilt under the top bit of the frame and having the magnets popping off in all directions! You must excuse me while I go bang my head against the table. I can't believe its taking me 8 mths to make this discovery!
    Old 01-24-2015, 09:22 PM

Smile some projects I have done

Here are a few of the projects I have done lately
    Attached Thumbnails mug-rugs-jean-001.jpg   mug-rugs-jean-002.jpg   mug-rugs-jean-004.jpg   mug-rugs-jean-003.jpg   001.jpg  

001.jpg   carl-ken-002.jpg   001.jpg  
    Old 01-25-2015, 04:43 AM

Be a little careful using canned air to clean out your machine. I have a Ruby Deluxe - Viking - and was told by my repair man to not use air. It can push the dust further under the machine and jam it into spots. I bought an attachment for my vacuum that I can stick under the bobbin case and get most of the dust. Also, the cold air produces moisture that can harm the machine.
    Old 01-25-2015, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2
    Be a little careful using canned air to clean out your machine. I have a Ruby Deluxe - Viking - and was told by my repair man to not use air. It can push the dust further under the machine and jam it into spots. I bought an attachment for my vacuum that I can stick under the bobbin case and get most of the dust. Also, the cold air produces moisture that can harm the machine.
    This is all very true.
    Old 01-25-2015, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2
    PO was told the same thing...after I used it, it did cause some problems.
    Old 01-25-2015, 02:24 PM

Hello everyone,
    I have the 6-d embroidery software and would love to use the express design wizard that comes with the program. Problem is that it's a hit and miss when creating the design. I am thinking it is the type of picture I'm trying to use that is giving me the problem. Is there anyone, who is familiar with the software or digitizes emb designs , that can give me a direction to the correct pictures or how to convert them to the right type of file ie bitmap, vector etc or just general info period..many thanks in advance..
    Old 01-26-2015, 07:26 AM

Designer's Gallery has software called Quilt Label Works, I love it and use it all the time.
    Old 01-27-2015, 04:42 AM

Kitty, I have found the best file to use is a vector...I have the best luck with .wmf files. I did bring the file into 6D's paint and did minimal clean up.

In in my experience the sales pitch gives you the idea that you can create an embroidery design from a pic in just a few short clicks...... And even though Vikings software has come a long ways.... There are a few steps that make your embroidery design successful.

i am sure there are many people on this site who are experts at this software....but you may pm me and I can share with you what I have learned.

Michelle
    Old 01-27-2015, 10:07 AM

Kitty, have you looked thru the tutorials on Vikings web-site, they have lots of them. The other site that has classes for this software4D thru 6 is mrpatienc.com, he has free tutes and also classes
    Old 01-27-2015, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hcim55
    Kitty, I have found the best file to use is a vector...I have the best luck with .wmf files. I did bring the file into 6D's paint and did minimal clean up.

In in my experience the sales pitch gives you the idea that you can create an embroidery design from a pic in just a few short clicks...... And even though Vikings software has come a long ways.... There are a few steps that make your embroidery design successful.

i am sure there are many people on this site who are experts at this software....but you may pm me and I can share with you what I have learned.

Michelle
    Thank you so much for you response, I will try the vector,wmf. files and see what happens..Thanks for your offer, I just might have to take you up on it..lol