Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Machine Embroidery
  • Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >
  • Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

• Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 PM

okay I put my sewing machine covers on the post, well they are quilted with the monofiliament thread now I think I should add a few more embroidery designs to it will they work out doing it over the quilting??? Need help thanks
    Old 03-07-2012, 01:16 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I have a Bernina 830 and took one lesson a year ago on embroidery, but forgot everything she taught me. I am going over next week to take another lesson, hopefully. This time, when I get home, I will start embroidering so I will learn and remember how to do it. The dealer made it look so easy, but I know that it won't be that easy for me.
    Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    I have the Brother 4000D, and have not learned how to use it. I bought it about 3 years ago at a good price, and have just started piecing with it. One of my goals for this year is to learn how to do embroidery. This might just be the group to motive me
    I also have the Brother 4000D... It is a great machine. My only girpe (and it is a recent one) is that I want the at least one of the designs that brother only release in the US for it!

Hugs

Caroline
    Old 03-07-2012, 01:24 PM

I also have a Bernina 630 with embroidery module.

Hugs

Caroline
    Old 03-10-2012, 08:44 PM

Well, my Brother PE 770 got here on Thursday and I got it unpacked, plugged it in and played with the touch screen, but I haven't ordered any thread yet. Has anyone heard of "Ameth" embroidery thread? It's supposed to be good thread and is fairly inexpensive, but I don't know anyone who uses it. It only comes on the very large cones (5000m). The Brother dealer at the Dallas quilt show recommended Robison-Anton. I'm looking on the internet for thread because I don't have a dealer in my area. Do any of you buy thread on Ebay?
    Old 03-10-2012, 09:15 PM

Here is the name of an embroidery thread co. I have used recently, they have both small and large spools of thread, also sell backing. www.metroemb.com. they are not to expensive, I got fast service and am very pleased with the thread. Check out thier web sight . Good luck with your new machine.
    Old 03-11-2012, 05:17 AM

The price is right with Metro, but both times I have checked them, they are out of stock!
    Old 03-11-2012, 08:08 AM

I have a Viking and hardly ever embroider. I've taken classes and can do the basics but there's so much to learn and remember. I need to start using it more. The one project I'm going to begin is a baby quilt with embroidered blocks that have ABC's/pictures. I'm not sure what stabilizer to use. The quilt will be machine washed and I worry about the embroidery looking all wrinkled and wonky. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Old 03-11-2012, 10:17 AM

I am LOVING this thread. Is there a possibility of getting a sub-forum for our embroidery work. I have read all replys, but when a new one is posted I have to go to the last page to read the latest post. I am very interested in incorporating quilting and embroidery. I have a Janome 9700, a 10,001 and just purchased the 12000 that I have not started using. I LOVE The Quilting Board, most everyone is so caring and helpful. Thanks to you all. I may not post much, but I have learned so much from others and the way you people care is just wonderful. I feel as if I know most of you personally. Thanks so much Jan for the help with the Nine Patch on Point. It is almost finished and came out great thanks to you and your help.
    Old 03-11-2012, 08:40 PM

do you embroider the blocks before you join them when making a quilt??