Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

snipforfun 02-22-2013 04:50 AM

I love my new Baby Lock Ellageo Plus. I originally bought the Ellure Plus but quickly upgraded. Decided I needed more!

quiltnut4ever 02-23-2013 05:26 AM

snipforfun, that's exactly how i felt. I loved the Ellure Plus but needed more in resizing and such so I got the Babylock Spirit and what a fabulous machine!

FLChristine 02-23-2013 10:56 AM

I bought the same one.

Originally Posted by Sheesh (Post 694223)
Does anyone have an idea of what software extension is for a singer futura embroidery machine? I bought it from HSN and haven't found this info so far. Never had an EM,but many other sewing and also an espire quilting machine, not quite ready for a longarm

I bought the same machine and I have not used it yet. actually I wish I had never bought it because I hate the way it threads. Usually takes me rethreading it several times before I get it right. Never had this problem before and I have been sewing most of my life. When I do sew with it the tension is always off. Buy cheap, get cheap is what my Dad used to say and it's true. I have a Melco EP1 embroidery machine and it is a dream.

GrandmaJeanne 02-23-2013 11:10 AM

To the responses of my question, I now have come to the conclusion of a 5 x 7 field. But again I think I had better go check out some of the models and see what I can afford. Thanks for the input.

Quilty-Louise 02-23-2013 03:55 PM

Has anyone tried/used the hot fix crystals on any FSL items?

Curious because I just got a setting tool and some crystals and
wanted to see if anyone has use them on lace yet or not.

I have some lace made up that I am going to give it a try to see
how well they look and work.

Stay tuned for pictures (regardless of HOW they come out).

sewnsewer2 02-23-2013 04:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I have! Here's some ornaments.

Quilty-Louise 02-23-2013 06:11 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh those are so AWESOME.

I love the lace designs more than the crystals. Where did you get
those designs from? I want to try and buy those.

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 (Post 5883365)
I have! Here's some ornaments.

sewnsewer2 02-23-2013 06:48 PM

They are from OESD Christmas collection #1 2008.

Nanamoms 02-23-2013 07:40 PM

Grandma Jeanne, I have 2 embroidery machines, both Brothers. One is a combo machine with 4x4 stitch area and the other is embroidery only with 5x7 stitch area. I, too, recommend going ahead and getting one with a 5x7 stitch area. Brother and Babylock are good machines. I bought both of mine from a dealer and they were refurbished machines...like new with new warranty. Have had NO problems with them (except user error LOL).

Also, there are a couple of Brother 770s listed over on SewItsForSale site. Very reasonable!!

Nanamoms 02-23-2013 07:42 PM

I, too, love EL as well as Embroidery Designs. Always stitches out great. Embroidery Designs has lots of free designs and you can get 3 per week. They have great sales and if you buy, you get to choose more free designs. Just my kind of deal!!