Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Machine Embroidery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/)
-   -   Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun (https://www.quiltingboard.com/machine-embroidery-f28/embroidery-machines-lets-chat-have-fun-t32969.html)

ania755 10-15-2016 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Fizzle (Post 7677306)
I have a 770QE. Bernina. I did not get the embroidery feature but can add it, which many have encouraged me to do. Will love reading how you guys all use them, if it is a worthwhile addition....

its a great toy but does have a learning curve....Your machine is probably very sophisticated with advance software..make sure to get some good classes of how to use it so you won,t get frustrated....
or consider starting on a small modest machine first......
enjoinment is guarantee once you are into it..... ....

DJ 10-15-2016 07:04 AM

Ania & JuanitaBean~ Thanks!

BTW ... Designs by JUJU has all sets and fonts on sale this weekend.

ania755 10-15-2016 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by DJ (Post 7677463)
Ania & JuanitaBean~ Thanks!

BTW ... Designs by JUJU has all sets and fonts on sale this weekend.

yes...TRhank as well.....I had already took care of this site...JUJU wonderful

Rose Marie 10-15-2016 08:04 AM

Mine is a cheap Brother with a 4 in only design. Ive had a lot of fun with it. Made a table topper with leaf designs in the 6 in sqs. Have a bunch of sqs done with round designs in them. Did a bunch of teddy bears designs and mother goose for kids quilts. Now I want a embroidery machine that I can quilt a layered quilt with. Would like to put a design in a quilt with 12 in blocks.

ania755 10-15-2016 08:15 AM

Rose Marie....This is the right spirit.....you are in the right place....check if you can post a pic....Have a great day making lots of fun projects

Pennyhal 10-15-2016 10:49 AM

I had my machine 2 years before I ever used the embroidery module. Now I use it more than any other feature of my machines. It's very addictive!

ania755 10-16-2016 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pennyhal (Post 7677616)
I had my machine 2 years before I ever used the embroidery module. Now I use it more than any other feature of my machines. It's very addictive!

its more than addictive....I realize you really need to use your brain while working with it....I was so intimidated at first....and now I am even trying to digitize....it makes me feel young again....lol...

AnnieQuilts 10-16-2016 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by sushi (Post 7676827)
A few more questions for y'all as I venture into the world of machine embroidery:

1. What do you do when the design you've downloaded specifies colors that don't have equivalents in your brand of thread? (For instance, what thread I own is Isacord. The design I want to use specifies Madiera, and only about 1/2 the colors have corresponding equivalents in Isacord.)

2. Can you mix brands of thread in one design? Can you mix rayon with polyester?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

I've been using Isacord for about 15 years and love it, so I won't switch threads (not to mention the size of my thread stash.)

I print out every conversion chart I find, but have the same problem. One website that sells Isacord has a chart with lots of matches and some marked "exact match." Many are not even close!

If your printer has fairly accurate color, you're better off printing the picture and making your own color choice.

Maggie_Sue 10-16-2016 01:57 PM

I agree with AnnieQuilts, print and try to match colors yourself, I do this too!!

Mazda 10-16-2016 03:53 PM

I mix brands of thread all the time. And, I usually make my own color choices, not what the design calls for.