Tree fo Life

Old 09-03-2023, 10:30 PM

Have assembled the family names and stitched them to the quilt .I'm working on the stipple on the back
Attached Thumbnails img_5555.jpg  
Old 09-04-2023, 03:59 AM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

Gorgeous! I have yet to start stitching. Attempted to start yesterday only to realize that our new laptop doesn’t have a CD reader! Amazon to the rescue one arrives today.

I am also having indecision on whether to make this for MIL. In order to fit the family I would have to make the large size. She’s 90, I worry that she would trip over it.

I’m leaning towards making a wall hanging for myself 😂.

Question: did you do as the maker advised and use interfaced muslin, stabilizer, batting and a top material? Seems like overkill to me.
Old 09-04-2023, 08:46 PM

Hi Yiaya Have set a private responce
Old 09-10-2023, 06:24 PM

Have started the back stippling. The pattern I'm using is swirls,I was going to use the circles in the main pattern on the front ,but to refile all 70 was a couple of hours worth and I don't think it's worth the effort I'm using Janomes AucFil system for this and its easy to use..the system has its own hoop and grid plate for alignment also use's magnets instead of hoop lock so the fabric can be slid across the top of the main hoop easy alignment.Have done over a quarter in about hour.
Attached Thumbnails img_5562.jpg   img_5563.jpg   img_5564.jpg   img_5567.jpg  

Last edited by ZooAnimals; 09-10-2023 at 06:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-10-2023, 09:36 PM

The prints I am using are from the Aboriginal fabric gallery in Alice springs Central Australia .The green is called" Women collecting bush foods" and the white is "Sand hill White" both designs are Aboriginal personal designs. There are over 400 prints to view if you go to the site.If you like native art there are some imaginative and colorful designs there.I have used more of these prints in the African Savanna Sunset quilt I recently finished.
Attached Thumbnails img_5569.jpg   img_5570.jpg  
Old 10-18-2023, 06:48 PM

Waiting on fabric to complete the boarder.Decided to use the Aboriginal "Women collecting bush foods" same as the center piece,so I am waiting on order to arrive from Aboriginal fabric gallery.Will have to think about the hanging tabs I'm going to sew into top edge,probably 4 will be sufficient maybe 1 inch wide for each.
Attached Thumbnails img_5612.jpg   img_5611.jpg  
Old 10-28-2023, 11:30 PM

Finally got the binding fabric and got it completed today. I really don't like doing it as it's awkward to manipulate the quilt around the machine.This id the fifth one I've done and starting to get my sewing lines more orderly. Probably take 20 quilts before I get good at it.Instructors on you tube make it look easy doing corners and join overlaps
Attached Thumbnails img_5618.jpg   img_5619.jpg  
Old 10-29-2023, 02:58 AM

Location: I live in Vero Beach, Florida but am originally from Massachusetts.

That’s beautiful Zoo! I’m just now working out what to use for a backing. Don’t think I’ll be adding any borders. The C size seems to be the perfect size for a lap quilt for my Mother in Law who turns 90 next month. I’m debating on using a Minky back.
Realized yesterday that I have design positioning on my machine and could have put the whole thing on a whole cloth. Live and learn 🤷🏻‍♀️.
I can’t thank you enough for your help with this 😘