Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • "Carry Along" Project? >
  • "Carry Along" Project?

• "Carry Along" Project?

Old 06-24-2011, 04:58 AM

Any kind of applique or Yo-Yos.....
    Old 06-24-2011, 05:17 AM

Sorry, I've been quilting for 9 years or so and have never heard of an 'applecore' quilt. I must admit that I have been living in a remote area of WA state for the past 3 years and don't have the advantage of classes, etc. as I used to. Do you have a picture of the pattern or a website? I'm curious as to what it looks like.
    Old 06-24-2011, 05:38 AM

Also called axe head. Try googling, sorry, I would post a link but am so inept I couldn't do the blue-just-click-on-it-linkie thing.
    Originally Posted by bonnyh
    Sorry, I've been quilting for 9 years or so and have never heard of an 'applecore' quilt. I must admit that I have been living in a remote area of WA state for the past 3 years and don't have the advantage of classes, etc. as I used to. Do you have a picture of the pattern or a website? I'm curious as to what it looks like.
    Old 06-24-2011, 06:18 AM

I usually carry cross stitch or embroidery with me but I have made a full size quilt top while riding on the big truck with my hubby.
    Old 06-24-2011, 06:20 AM

I don't have one, hmmm, that make sme think of so many things I could do! RUTRO! I usually take along a quilting book or two, to learn new techniques or just to learn since I'm still a newbee! ;-)
    Old 06-24-2011, 07:39 AM

I love to read about quilting...gather ideas for next project. June
    Old 06-24-2011, 07:43 AM

I just got a box full of cathedral window squares, a few complete, mostly incomplete and just plain cut squares. This looks like it would be a good take-along project.
    Old 06-24-2011, 07:44 AM

I enjoyed doing the Sunbonnet Sue's by hand.
    Old 06-24-2011, 07:59 AM

CarrieAnn, please post pics of your progress. I never thought I'd enjoy a hand project, butI started an EPP GFG, 1" hexagons, and I am very much enjoying it..maybe because of the fabric, lol.
    Old 06-24-2011, 08:33 AM

I'm working on a GFG as my take along project right now but I admit that I am working on it a whole lot more than just take along. I also work on it whenever I just don't want to be in front of my machine which is a fair bit of the time it seems. My machine is in a little corner of the basement and I just don't want to be down there. We get very little sun over the year up here and I don't want to be down in the basement. Now, in the winter it is so cold that I often don't want to be down there either. When DH is out of town I bring my machine to the kitchen table and get work done there but it just doesn't work when he is in town. Anyway...

I started on May 23 with basting my first hexes. I still had another day of cutting 2.5" squares and another day of cutting out hexes. I work on it when I am waiting on my children's classes type thing like a half hour to kill to pick up DD from playschool or watching swim lessons or whatever. I also work on it in the evening when I want to be curled up on the couch with DH "watching" TV or whatever. I tend to make sure to be attaching full flowers with the pathway already attached all together in the evenings since it is easier to haul just flowers along.

I'm loving it and am starting to think about finding another hand piecing project for when I finish this one although since this one will be a queen sized, I do know that I have a few months to figure it out.

Tara
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-216029.jpe