Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • "Quilt" magazine and their strongarm renewal tactics >
  • "Quilt" magazine and their strongarm renewal tactics

• "Quilt" magazine and their strongarm renewal tactics

Old 01-23-2011, 08:16 AM

Thank you for this thread-I was just about to subscribe to Country Gardens until I read this. You all just saved me from going through all this @#%&.
    Old 01-23-2011, 08:39 AM

Ok, I ignore mine too, only because it's not worth putting a stamp on. Since they obviously have your e-mail why don't they ask that way instead of wasting paper and money on postage.
    Old 01-23-2011, 08:41 AM

My DH likes Hemming News. Mostly just to check out the events. I found that we can go on line and check those out.
    He looks at the magazine in store while I shop. Once in a Blue moon we buy one
    Old 01-23-2011, 08:43 AM

The only problem I see with this is the wrong person is getting the message. That person on the phone didn't have any thing to do with it. Believe me I've done my share of B------- over the phone. I'm no angel. Some one just reminded of this.
    Old 01-23-2011, 09:34 AM

I have received my 3rd renewal notice -- guess I better get busy and let them know I don't intend to renew, before they put me on their list!

Strange thing is -- I never subscribed, just had a sample issue or something. I never asked for it and never intended to subscribe. Wondered why they were hounding me. Now I know.
    Old 01-23-2011, 12:09 PM

I have never had that happen but I have done the trial mags before and then sent the cancelled bill only to get several more before I either call or just ignore them...It costs them money and me money to have to keep sending cancelled bill or request for payment...if you don't pay after 1 maybe 2 bills then stop...But what you got is uncalled for...I might send back a letter stating that if they have a problelm not understanding cancel then you will let your lawyer handle the problem ...that will probably have them drop the matter....LOL
    Old 01-23-2011, 12:10 PM

You go girl!!
    Old 01-23-2011, 12:13 PM

I think you are right....and some people pay bills that come to them without even knowing what they are paying for....If I try and don't like I say stop...If I like for a year or two and then want to stop, I send bill with cancel on the bill...then it is up to them to take care of the order...if they don't too bad...I did my part...but many will eventually pay and that isn't right...you don't want it, don't pay for it!!Simple
    Old 01-23-2011, 12:23 PM

That is why I usually don't subscribe to mags anymore....Not enough good quilts and patterns....There use to be one mag that had no less than 10 to 15 patterns in each issue...these were either full quilts or different squares....it was great ...not anymore...if I can't find at least one quilt in the mag, I don't buy it...mag is less than a pattern....but if say in months there is nothing, then the subscription is useless....not worth wasting the money
    Old 01-23-2011, 12:25 PM

same with the cables...we will give you months of this free..then you pay...will you have to call to cancel and so you have to have notes to remind you to cancel by this date...pain in the you know what