Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Which "Quilt God" did I offend now >
  • Which "Quilt God" did I offend now

• Which "Quilt God" did I offend now

Old 10-24-2011, 03:14 PM

I have a quilt that I quilted Saturday and was ready to trim the backing and fold it over for the binding yesterday. I decided to tear the backing instead of cutting it since I don't cut very straight. I tore it all around thinking this will be a piece of cake, it will tear so straight. Good thinking Lauren. Ha!! When I spread it out neatly to admire my handy work, I saw it did NOT "tear straight". I thought it was the fabric. Then I realized what happened was I probably did not place the quilt top straight on the backing and it did tear straight. Ok I'll chalk that up to experience. Will double check the next time I guarentee you.

I sat down after work to sew around the edges of the quilt so I can cut the excess off othe quilt so I can do the binding tonight. Using my walking foot, I proceed. Puckers!! Puckers!! On one side alone there are eight significant puckers in the border. When I did the stitch in the ditch quilting, (first time ever here!!) I didn't have this problem. I know it can't be the borders were waving that much. I think I know what I will name this quilt in my head.....Puckers!

I went to take pictures to attach to show my problem and the "camera God" got me. Neither of the batteries are charged. Sigh

I would drink a cold green citrus tea right about now if I had remembered to buy some today. I did see there were none in the refrigerator this morning. And so it goes...

Thanks for the vent.
    Lauren
    Old 10-24-2011, 03:19 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Grandmother23
    I have a quilt that I quilted Saturday and was ready to trim the backing and fold it over for the binding yesterday. I decided to tear the backing instead of cutting it since I don't cut very straight. I tore it all around thinking this will be a piece of cake, it will tear so straight. Good thinking Lauren. Ha!! When I spread it out neatly to admire my handy work, I saw it did NOT "tear straight". I thought it was fabric. Then I realized what happened was I probably did not place the quilt top straight on the backing and it did tear straight. Ok I'll chalk that up to experience. Will double check the next time I guarentee you.

I sat down after work to sew around the edges of the quilt so I can cut the excess off othe quilt so I can do the binding tonight. Using my walking foot, I proceed. Puckers!! Puckers!! On one side alone there are eight significant puckers in the border. When I did the stitch in the ditch quilting, (first time ever here!!) I didn't have this problem. I know it can't be the borders were waving that much. I think I know what I will name this quilt in my head.....Puckers!

I went to take pictures to attach to show my problem and the "camera God" got me. Neither of the batteries are charged. Sigh

I would drink a cold green citrus tea right about now if I had remembered to buy some today. I did see there were none in the refrigerator this morning. And so it goes...

Thanks for the vent.
    Lauren
    Have an early night, everything will seem a little better in the morning.
    Old 10-24-2011, 03:20 PM

oh no!!!
    Old 10-24-2011, 03:22 PM

Hugs to you for a better tomorrow. Some days it just doesn't pay to get started. LOL
    Old 10-24-2011, 03:23 PM

I feel your pain. It might be a good day to focus on housecleaning! LOL Seriously speaking.... take a step or two back so you can regain your focus and then start again. Why I can't follow my own advice is beyond me. I get tired and start making really crazy mistakes, but won't quit for the day. :D :D
    Old 10-24-2011, 03:24 PM

Id go to bed and read a good book!!! lol
    Old 10-24-2011, 03:24 PM

oh lauren, it does not sound like you had the best of days. so, hopefully tomorrow will be much better. because, what are the odds of having two :shock: days like this in a row. :-)
    Old 10-24-2011, 03:25 PM

Sounds more like a Baileys Irish Cream moment to me!
    Old 10-24-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005
    oh lauren, it does not sound like you had the best of days. so, hopefully tomorrow will be much better. because, what are the odds of having two :shock: days like this in a row. :-)
    LOL!!! Your right there!
    Old 10-24-2011, 03:27 PM
    Cyn

Hang in there! We all these these stinky days. There's always tomorrow :) Hugs