Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • "Test" stitching an embroidery motif >
  • "Test" stitching an embroidery motif

• "Test" stitching an embroidery motif

Old 07-28-2010, 03:37 PM

what size are the labels you make? ........... ooops, this was posted to the wrong person.... sorry!
    Old 07-28-2010, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by JBuckley99
    I have a Bernina 730e and am fairly new at the embroidery process. I've created a motif of several lines of letters and will need to place it in a specific spot on a quilt. Is it possible to do a 'test' that would just outline the entire motif? I've done a few tests so far and it takes so long and uses so much thread, I'm sure there must be a better way. Help!
    I think I posted this to the wrong person's quote before - let's try it again....
    what size are the labels you make? I just got the little Brother SE-400 so it only uses a 4" x 4" hoop. I want to make a label for the quilt I am making, but can't seem to fit the name(s) on one line. I have someone who will make an embroidered label but the size options are 6.20" or 4.57"... I have been printing the label on the comp, (iron on transfer) transferring onto fabric - but after several washes, this printing comes off. I want to use my signature "heart" as the label, but not sure this is going to be possible if the printing is that big. Don't want to make the label HUGE!
    Old 07-28-2010, 04:50 PM

my bother machine has a button that when i push it it will go to the four coners of the design so i can see where it will stitch out to. maybe yours does this?
    Old 07-28-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by jetnica
    my bother machine has a button that when i push it it will go to the four coners of the design so i can see where it will stitch out to. maybe yours does this?
    yes, mine does do this and I use it often, but will have to play around and rotate, resize, etc.... want to do this label myself, but may have to end up buying it if I run out of time. It's going on a commissioned quilt so want it to look good. I do have someone who will make it for me at a last option.