Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • "What are you going to do with one more - quilt, piece of fabric, gadget, etc >
  • "What are you going to do with one more - quilt, piece of fabric, gadget, etc

• "What are you going to do with one more - quilt, piece of fabric, gadget, etc

Old 04-14-2011, 04:26 AM

Great thinking!!!
    Old 04-14-2011, 05:16 AM

Hey

Now that is what I call good talking, however I have to be careful as my husband will try that on me and his "collections" are expensive!

TreeFrog
    Old 04-14-2011, 05:30 AM

My husband and I were talking about the cost of each others hobby. He has several and I have one..quilting. I said at least mine keeps us all warm. He said..well darn..you have a very good point there. lol
    Old 04-14-2011, 06:08 AM

My DH says absolutely nothing about my "collection". He knows better. He has a collection of close to a million railroad photos. I have lost count of how many train bells, whistles, builder's plates, number plates, head lights, etc he has. The whole basement is dedicated to his "collection". It is slowly moving upstairs. He also has 2 classic muscle cars that he has restored. So my puny collection is nothing compaired to his. My collection stays in my sewing room. His is taking over the house. My daughter tells me we live in a depot, I think it is more like a museum.
    Old 04-14-2011, 06:16 AM

I'm lucky in that my husband says "if it makes you happy do it", but I love the way you think. I can use that line on my daughter and a few others. Luckily my best friend is a quilter too so we understand each other.(We were friends before quilting came into our lives.)
    Old 04-14-2011, 06:16 AM

Made me smile! Love touching my collection.
    Old 04-14-2011, 06:18 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mhansen6
    My DH says absolutely nothing about my "collection". He knows better. He has a collection of close to a million railroad photos. I have lost count of how many train bells, whistles, builder's plates, number plates, head lights, etc he has. The whole basement is dedicated to his "collection". It is slowly moving upstairs. He also has 2 classic muscle cars that he has restored. So my puny collection is nothing compaired to his. My collection stays in my sewing room. His is taking over the house. My daughter tells me we live in a depot, I think it is more like a museum.
    And no model RR ..... what's wrong with the man??? :)
    Old 04-14-2011, 06:19 AM

Its refreshing that a DH see's things in the same light as the DW's and if some one asks me again I will borrow this as my answer :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 04-14-2011, 06:21 AM

Thanks for all the positive answers to "what are you going to do with THAT quilt"...Sigh....I go through this all the time with my mother-in-law. She always wants to see what I am working on....but then I have to go through that whole list of questions...."what are you going to do with that?....why did you buy more fabric?...should you keep buying ?....." So instead of being happy to show off what I am making - I hide my things from her and don't want to talk about it with her.
    My final word to her is "this is what I do !".. I don't criticise why she reads a dozen books a week. Thanks for letting me vent.
    Old 04-14-2011, 06:32 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Bluehouse
    Thanks for all the positive answers to "what are you going to do with THAT quilt"...Sigh....I go through this all the time with my mother-in-law. She always wants to see what I am working on....but then I have to go through that whole list of questions...."what are you going to do with that?....why did you buy more fabric?...should you keep buying ?....." So instead of being happy to show off what I am making - I hide my things from her and don't want to talk about it with her.
    My final word to her is "this is what I do !".. I don't criticise why she reads a dozen books a week. Thanks for letting me vent.
    Maybe then, you need to say that to her rather than letting it fester for you.

I sometimes comment ... well I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I don't go out a lot or do a lot of frivolous things. This is my smoking, drinking, etc.