Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • "What are you going to do with one more - quilt, piece of fabric, gadget, etc >
  • "What are you going to do with one more - quilt, piece of fabric, gadget, etc

• "What are you going to do with one more - quilt, piece of fabric, gadget, etc

Old 04-14-2011, 01:50 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

lol Good one..My Hubby is an enabler, and even if he wasn't hes got way more hobbies to my one.. Fishing ( boat and all), hunting ( guns galore), Bow hunting (has a few bows depending on where he goes and with who), Wood Turning (two lathes and all the tools and a wall full of wood to turn) plus a shop for tools and such- I can guarantee that he does not have only ONE hammer.. SO he dare not question me... :shock:

lol.. :D
    Old 04-14-2011, 01:52 PM

good reasoning! I love it!
    Old 04-14-2011, 02:21 PM

Love it - collection is a great word and I'mma gunna continue (LOL). It's definitely our therapy - so let's keep it a going.
    Old 04-14-2011, 02:30 PM

Makes perfect sense to me...Now if I can just figure out where to get the money to grow my collection I can join the club too... :roll: :roll: :roll:
    Old 04-14-2011, 04:17 PM

I like you attitude. Excellent rationaling.
    Old 04-14-2011, 04:53 PM

ditto
    Old 04-14-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by e4
    I laugh every time I see someone write that a person, often DH, has asked "What are you going to do with one more ..." Well I am DH and both my wife and I quilt. But the answer to the question is "I'm expanding my collection". If you have 3 or more of something - quilts, pieces of fabric, rulers, sewing machines, or whatever, you have a collection. And everyone knows you don't have to do anything with a collection - its there just for enjoyment. I always tell everyone that I don't have a fabric "stash", I have a fabric collection. I don't have to use it up; if I did it wouldn't be a collection anymore! As long as I keep my collections neat (sort of) and can enjoy touching them, looking at them, playing with them, etc. then I can buy whatever my budget and space will allow. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I heartily agree with you! However, I think I need to attempt to be more of a quilt maker than a fabric collector, since I can't seem to stop buying new fabric.
    Old 04-14-2011, 05:15 PM
    e4

Originally Posted by audsgirl
    I think I need to attempt to be more of a quilt maker than a fabric collector, since I can't seem to stop buying new fabric.
    The joy is we get to do both - make quilts and collect fabric!!
    Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by audsgirl
    Originally Posted by e4
    I laugh every time I see someone write that a person, often DH, has asked "What are you going to do with one more ..." Well I am DH and both my wife and I quilt. But the answer to the question is "I'm expanding my collection". If you have 3 or more of something - quilts, pieces of fabric, rulers, sewing machines, or whatever, you have a collection. And everyone knows you don't have to do anything with a collection - its there just for enjoyment. I always tell everyone that I don't have a fabric "stash", I have a fabric collection. I don't have to use it up; if I did it wouldn't be a collection anymore! As long as I keep my collections neat (sort of) and can enjoy touching them, looking at them, playing with them, etc. then I can buy whatever my budget and space will allow. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I heartily agree with you! However, I think I need to attempt to be more of a quilt maker than a fabric collector, since I can't seem to stop buying new fabric.
    I think this may be the case with the majority of us-- But its all good

:thumbup:
    Old 04-14-2011, 06:36 PM

I use all the gadgets I buy