Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • 1/4 foot  question >
  • 1/4 foot question

• 1/4 foot question

Old 11-20-2013, 04:55 PM

It's kind of hard to tell from your description, but I'm also wondering if you have the wrong foot for your machine. It almost sounds like you have a low-shank foot on a high-shank machine.

My quarter-inch foot pivots on a little round bar that sometimes partially slides out of its home. When it does, my seams are inaccurate. 3 or 4 times a year I take the foot off and very carefully give it a good whack with a hammer and a nail punch.

It's the round thing right above the arrow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]447904[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails quarter-inch-foot.jpg  
    Old 11-20-2013, 06:07 PM
    Banned

Bernina has a 1/4foot with sidebar
    Old 11-20-2013, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Holice
    Bernina has a 1/4foot with sidebar
    Ok I think I get it now: I think the OP meant a side bar not a slider bar! I have a generic 1/4" foot and it does have a flange on the side that you butt the fabric up against. It does sound like you have the wrong foot for your machine.
    Old 11-21-2013, 11:55 AM

hi every one yes I do have the foot with the flange. like auntpiggylpn said.well I was using the wrong ankle that the foot snaps into. so now the foot sets flat. I moved the needle over just a smidgen and now am sewing up a storm lol. I am going to TRY and make bonnie hunter scrapy mountain quilt. she has made one for her brother that is sick. I made her sisters choice quilt but mine was small and not even. I hope I will be come a better quilter with this machine. thank you all so much for all your infomation I love this forum. I am going to order the seam guide also.
    Old 11-21-2013, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by sophia
    hi every one yes I do have the foot with the flange. like auntpiggylpn said.well I was using the wrong ankle that the foot snaps into. so now the foot sets flat. I moved the needle over just a smidgen and now am sewing up a storm lol. I am going to TRY and make bonnie hunter scrapy mountain quilt. she has made one for her brother that is sick. I made her sisters choice quilt but mine was small and not even. I hope I will be come a better quilter with this machine. thank you all so much for all your infomation I love this forum. I am going to order the seam guide also.

So happy that you were able to figure it out and can proceed with your project! You will find that you will become better and better with each project you do. Be sure to post pictures of your creations!!!!