Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • 1930's reproduction prints >
  • 1930's reproduction prints

• 1930's reproduction prints

Old 01-15-2007, 05:23 PM

I need help. I have been to walmart, Joann fabrics and handcok fabrics trying to find the 30's reproduction prints in the pastel colors and none of them have any of them
    What I am trying to do is finish up some quilts that I started 40 years ago. The thing is they were made out of feed sacks and I was gonna try to match some of the reproduction prints with them to finish them up. One of them is a 15 in dresden plate pattern. I need to finish one block on this quilt. On a 12 in dreseden plate pattern I need to make 6 more blocks. I have a fan pattern that is a 10 inch block that I need to make 9 more of.
    These quilts I thought were lost forever. I thought that the military had lost them in moving us. When we moved to OH in 1978 We had 3 semi-trucks come here in one day. One was from Louisiana, One was from Seattle washington, and the other one was from Alaska. Toward the end of 2006 I found these along with 20 something other quilt tops when I was looking for material to finish up a log cabin quilt I was working on.
    So if anyone can help me out with the reproduction prints I would greatly appreciate it. I would be greatful for even scraps that I could get a piece out of.
    Hellcat
    Old 01-15-2007, 05:49 PM

Hi! I had the same problem about 6 months ago and needed about 1/4 yard finishing up some pieces in an old quilt top (UFO). I bought the 'real deal' from a woman who had some material from an estate sale. It was gorgeous and just exactly what I needed. It wasn't reproduction though. I think I paid about 6.00 + postage but it was well worth it. My keyword search was 'vintage cotton fabric' and I had a blast going through about 600 pages of pictures.
    Old 01-15-2007, 07:01 PM
    Suz

Cat,
    Try www.hancocks-paducah.com. While at their site sign up for their catalog. The recent one has many pages of reproductions. I an sure they will have what you are looking for. Suzanne
    Old 01-16-2007, 01:33 AM

Have you checked Ebay.... I found a couple on there...here are the links:

http://crafts.search.ebay.com/1930s-reproduction-fabrics_Crafts_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsacatZ14339QQsa titleZ1930Q27sQ20reproductionQ20fabricsQQsubmitsea rchZSearch
    eBay - 1930's reproduction fabrics, 1930's reproduction fabrics Crafts, Fabric, Embroidery items on eBay.com

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&submitsearch=Search&satitle=feedsacks&sacat=14339%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=54893&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search
    eBay - feedsacks, feedsacks Crafts, Fabric, Quilting items on eBay.com
    Old 01-16-2007, 07:08 AM

I've had luck with tea-dying or coffee-dying some of my "close enough" fabrics to get an aged look. Not sure if this is what you're after, tho! An artist friend who does fabric painting and dying has had very good luck with a weak bleach and dye solution that pasteled (is that a word???) every deep colored fabric she soaked in it. But that could be tricky, I'm sure! Another good website is Keepsake Quilting. They've a good selection of 30's fabric and their customer service is wonderfully helpful. I also found a site called www.fabricattic.com that had both 30's and feedsack on-line, but I haven't ordered from them before. Good luck in your search!
    Old 01-16-2007, 09:26 AM

Try here http://www.suzannesquilts.com/ it says 1930 feed sack reproductions
    Old 01-23-2007, 09:58 AM

Hellcat,

There is a great website, www.fatquartershop.com. They advertise in the quilting magazines. I've been very impressed with their selection.

Also, I've been lucky to find some things while haunting antique stores and also eBay is a great resource! If you type in vintage fabric, you will get a selction you can quickly sort through.

Lisa
    Old 01-23-2007, 03:39 PM

try keepsakequilting.com they usually have some there
    Old 04-22-2008, 08:02 AM
    jp

Try Grandma's attic, they carry lots of reproductions online, located Dallas Oregon.

Jjp
    Old 04-22-2008, 08:06 AM

http://www.norquilt.com/default.asp Norton House has a whole big bunch of fabrics, my hubby just got me into their fabric of the month club. (I was looking there for 1930's fabrics to go into that 1930's swap!) :wink: