Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • 2011 What sewing/quilting projects do you have planned for 2011? Also now is the time to start making your Christmas Gifts for 2011! >
  • 2011 What sewing/quilting projects do you have planned for 2011? Also now is the time to start making your Christmas Gifts for 2011!

• 2011 What sewing/quilting projects do you have planned for 2011? Also now is the time to start making your Christmas Gifts for 2011!

Old 12-31-2010, 10:14 PM

I will be a 1st time Grandma in August so in 2011 I will be making alot of baby things for my new grandbaby.
    Old 01-01-2011, 01:09 AM

first ufo is sun bonnet sue quilt for my ggd . then i will sort out the rest that i have put on one side and forgotten about starting today.
    Old 01-01-2011, 07:16 AM

Irishrose: your idea of making a block for every inch or lb you loose is great.Of course, if I do that, my quilt will be big enough to cover my Ford Expedition and it is the extra long one. I think I will use 5lb blocks. I am going to make a place on sewing room wall to look at blocks ...for support.Thanks for giving me this idea and good luck to you on making your blocks, by the way, how many do you have made already?
    Old 01-01-2011, 07:20 AM

My top goals this year in quilting:

1) start my Civil War Quilt (hopefully I'll have a finished top by 12/2011)
    2) fix and finish butterfly quilt (UFO Cheese & Crackers pattern)
    3) finish up small projects started: table runner, bag, small mission church wall quilt
    4) figure out and finish the potholders I started as xmas gifts in 2010 now for xmas gifts in 2011 ;)
    5) learn to paper piece quilt
    Old 01-01-2011, 07:22 AM

ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS IS GET MY SEWING ROOM STRAIGHT SO THAT I CAN FIND MY SEWINGMACHINE. IT NEEDS SOME NEW ORGANIZATION...
    Old 01-01-2011, 07:31 AM

Today: Catch up on my BOM (I think I have 2 months to do)
    The rest of the year:
    Finish 4 UFO quilts in various stages of progress
    Do some pillow shams to go with the quilts
    Make any Christmas projects I decide to do in the summer (otherwise, they will be on next year's list)
    Start in Jan/Feb and make some of the summer bags that I already have fabric/patterns for.
    Do the quilt I have that I want for our bed...all half-square triangles in shades of pink, mauve, browns and ecrus.
    Anything new that strikes my fancy when I visit the LQS.
    Get ready for DDs June wedding!

YES! I am well aware that most of the above may well be on my list next January! LOL
    Old 01-01-2011, 09:14 AM

I've been involved in yearly threads the last two years. They are so much fun, keep you motivated, and it's great to see the pics of the items from our lists.

This year:

Tablerunners. I've never made them and really want to.
    Quilts:
    1. Finish baby quilt for teacher #1
    2. Start and finish baby quilt for teacher #2
    3. Finish D9P for friends son
    4. Finish Soduku for friends daughter.
    5. I have several memory quilts that need making. I would like to start them. I probably won't be able to do any real work on them until next year because all the clothes are in the garage and that is DH's domain. It's never fun trying to get anything out of there.

I would also like to make some sewing organizers for the ladies I was in club with when we lived in OK. They were fun to make and one of the eldest members just passed away. They all need a bit of a pick me up.
    Old 01-01-2011, 09:41 AM

I am making a quilt for my dd who has had to wait until after Christmas ! I am making a very good friend (whom I have 'met' on here a Christmas quilt for this year. And anything else that jumps out at me and shouts 'make me make me '!!
    Old 01-01-2011, 10:50 AM

I have been following these threads for some time now and finally decided to join. I have learned so much (1st is that I can spend waaaay toooooo much time reading it all). I have not done any quilting yet but have been sewing and crafting for about 60 years (my Mom did a lot of those things including all hand quilting) & I always helped. I have been collecting books & patterns so will start something before very long.I noticed the mention of duvet covers. I would like to do that. Tell me how you put it together: do you back the top and quilt the 2 layers and then add a an unquilted layer to make the back? Do you button it on so that it stays in place? Love all your ideas and avitars & signatures. I will have to figure out how to do that signature thing.
    Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 AM

Finish last year's block of the month.
    Figure out (and complete) some projects using my new Accuquilt GO! (which is not out of the box yet, but I've been reading online about possibilities).
    Finish some charity quilts that I have at least cut out :-)
    Start this year's block of the month.
    Make some promised pillowcases (easy but boring).