Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Accuquilt Go for Paper Piecing >
  • Accuquilt Go for Paper Piecing

• Accuquilt Go for Paper Piecing

Old 08-09-2017, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by jcraine
    Accuquilt has them on sale now too. Just looked. I would get one if they had more dies with them but the cost of the dies I want are prohibitive. I'll just stick to rotary cutting. Quilting can become a money pit and I've spent enough for now. Maybe I'll get my husband to buy me one for Christmas.
    This would be a GREAT Christmas gift, IMO. Yes, the dies are expensive up front, but I can't tell you how much time I have saved with mine. I am poor with my rotary cutter. I wish I wouldn't be able to remember how much material I have wasted when I was cutting and my ruler "moved". Ugh! I find the long 2.5" strips incredibly helpful

And just think....he then has ideas for birthday and other event presents, too, then! Good luck!
    Old 08-09-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by redstilettos
    This would be a GREAT Christmas gift, IMO. Yes, the dies are expensive up front, but I can't tell you how much time I have saved with mine. I am poor with my rotary cutter. I wish I wouldn't be able to remember how much material I have wasted when I was cutting and my ruler "moved". Ugh! I find the long 2.5" strips incredibly helpful

And just think....he then has ideas for birthday and other event presents, too, then! Good luck!
    Thanks. I splurged on the Stripology ruler a little while back, so until I get a GO!, I'll make strips with it. Not tried it yet but it's supposed to be more accurate, more productive, and not move around.
    Old 08-09-2017, 04:54 PM

I have cut 3 queen sized quilts with that die. Cutting paper hasn't hurt them. However I have bent blades by cutting too many layers at a time. I now have 2 of this die. One of them I bent the paper blade (small hexi) the other I bent the fabric one (middle hexi) both times I was cutting 8 or more layers, so my fault. And I cut crate all boxes for my hexis, so I really put it to the test.To me it is well worth the $35.