Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Accuquilt >
  • Accuquilt

• Accuquilt

Old 12-13-2009, 09:12 AM
    Power Poster

I have very little waste of fabric. In the vidoes and demos they use a big piece of fabric and have a lot of waste. You don't have to cover all the die board, just cover the die shape you want cut.
    I use mine for 95% of all my quilt cutting. All the dies are standard size shapes used in quilting. I use all the dies I have. I like to sew my scraps together and then cut shapes. The tumbler die is a favorite. I like all of them. The yahoo group has all the info and problem solving issues some have to the members there. All the best prices are always listed there when someone finds a good deal.
    I don't think the price is unreasonable for the quality of the product. My sewing machine cost more. I would suggest buying the machine from an Accuquilt dealer who can replace or return without a hassle. I buy the dies from various online places, which ever one has a good sale. One thing - save the packing boxes and packing foam the machine comes in until you are very sure it is exactly what you want.
    The Go is my personal machine. I don't take it to workshops or classes and let everyone cut fabric for their quilts. That would be like taking your best sewing machine and and say here anyone can use it.
    Old 12-13-2009, 09:23 AM

I love my Go cutter!!!! I also recommend joing the YAHOO group.
    You should be able to take the die back to where you bought it for exchange or Accuquilt as well.
    K
    Old 12-13-2009, 10:03 PM

Just checking my weekend email and I want to thank all of you for your replies. I'm new to quilting and this site but have found so much info from here. I should have explained myself better....I do have the Accuquilt Go and it is the foam that is seperating. The two die I have used the most are the 6 3/4" square and the 6 3/4" triangles. I bought them online from JoAnn's so I guess I will try to return them. Thanks for your help.
    Old 12-14-2009, 05:41 AM

I just LOVE my AccuCut Go Cutter. I can do in minutes what it used to take me hours to do.....
    Old 12-14-2009, 07:25 AM

i would call and get it replaced. these are too expensive to be kept defective!! the rubber shouldn't come off ever!! get a replacement soon
    Old 12-14-2009, 08:13 AM
    Power Poster

I love saving money but something that is costly like the die cut machines and supplies, I bought from a dealer, not a discount store. I can pick up the phone and call the dealer directly and not have to deal with customer service reps who repeat the standard rote. Bayside Quilting has the cutter on sale for $300 plus free shipping plus big sales on dies all during the year. I have bought dies from there and never had a problem. I bought my Go directly from Accuquilt.
    Old 12-14-2009, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    I love saving money but something that is costly like the die cut machines and supplies, I bought from a dealer, not a discount store. I can pick up the phone and call the dealer directly and not have to deal with customer service reps who repeat the standard rote. Bayside Quilting has the cutter on sale for $300 plus free shipping plus big sales on dies all during the year. I have bought dies from there and never had a problem. I bought my Go directly from Accuquilt.
    Bayside Quilting is a great place to buy dies..... :D