Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • After reading the unpleasant shopping post..... >
  • After reading the unpleasant shopping post.....

• After reading the unpleasant shopping post.....

Old 01-20-2011, 04:30 PM

I'd love to go to Claus'nPaus just because of the name. What fun is that. Should make everyone enter with a smile on their face.
    Old 01-20-2011, 04:43 PM

Bravo!!!
    Old 01-20-2011, 04:49 PM

i dont think it would make a differance if they were worried or cared about what there customers in the first place they would make a point of being friendly

by the way i loved that show how she goes in and cleans up the salons!!
    Old 01-20-2011, 05:16 PM

If you go to a resturant and have bad service do you tell the manger. So he or she can talk to the waitress or waiter.
    It's the same with the Quilt store. If the owner is the one that isn't frendly then I just take my business to a more friendly business.
    I have shopped at a local Quilt shop I don't do business with this lady because she isn't friendly to me. And after more then 10 she still doesn't greet me my name. I only go to her shop when other that are with me want to shop there.
    Old 01-20-2011, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by lovingmama
    I know what you are talking about.

There is a quilt shop in my area, the daughter of the owner is always crouchy, rushes you to check out, even though I'm the only one in it.

The mother is a little bit better, but not much. The only friendly thing in it is the dog Maggie. Always wags her tail and wants to be petted.

I don't understand why people have to be this way, otherwise would be so much better, it would attracked more customers too.
    A dog IN a quilt shop???????? {{{{sneeze, sneeze}}}}
    Old 01-20-2011, 05:38 PM

My DH worked in retail for a few years -- you would not believe some of the stories about how the customers acted. It'a a 2 way street.
    Old 01-20-2011, 05:49 PM

Nena, my dh's sister lives in Scott Depot and my sisters live in Milton and Culloden. When dh and I are there, I always try to go to Phyllis' shop. I am always greeted with a smile and end up chatting for several minutes after shopping and before leaving.
    Old 01-20-2011, 06:01 PM

Great idea, count me in. I think if start to post comments about bad service word will soon get around . to be fair I think we should only post after 2 visits to the shops , that way we can ask to talk to the manager and tell them what we are unhappy about and that there shop will be talked about. I'll start First my closest quilt shop is wonderful ,"Quilters Quarters" is the name and the owner is very helpful and always very will to help or find answers if she doesn't know the answer. :thumbdown: to "pine needles" they are rude and not helpful at all and I only go there after i've been every place else. Should we rate them like 1 to 10 ? ten the best one don't even bother or give them stars.?
    Old 01-20-2011, 06:13 PM

I guess maybe I'm "odd man" out on this subject, but I try never to walk into a quilt shop or fabric store with an attitude. Maybe it's because I'm retired, but I tend not to be in a big rush all the time, which tends to make all of us a bit more tending toward being curt or short tempered with others. I've stood in lines in quilt stores and big box fabric stores and listened to other customers make rude remarks about the slowness of cutters, check out people, etc., when it was totally unnecessary and unfounded. I, like everyone else, have a tendency to get short tempered with people who don't seem to know their products, procedures, but then I try to remind myself that at least they are making an effort to earn a wage instead of depending on public assistance, etc., courtesy of taxpayers. And, we all have to stop and think about the possibility of what may or may not have gone on or happened in our lives before we walked into a quilt shop or fabric store that would tend to give us not the most pleasing of dispositions either. So, think about these things before you fire off a bad review/rant on an lqs or fabric store and its owner(s)/employees. Also, to the lady in NC who feels that tourists are treated far better than she is in her local lqs, how would any specific owner/employee be able to know if I am a tourist or a loca citizen if I were to walk into one of those shops? DH and I travel a lot and I have never expected any shop owner/employee to be able to discern if I am a local citizen or a tourist when I'm shopping. Sorry this is so long, but just my thoughts being posted.
    Old 01-20-2011, 06:19 PM

Maybe we should see if Admin wants to start a whole section for reviews.

It can be to review LQS. Was staff friendly, was store clean, did you speak to mgmt, did they correct it? Do they have a great online sale right now that you'd like to make us aware of?

Long arm quilting services. Did they do nice work? Was turn around as promised? Did they do what you asked? Are you happy with their work? Were they priced appropriately? Will you use them again?

New fabric or patterns. Was the quality of the fabric good? Are the pictures online true color? Was the pattern easy to make? Do you want to recommend a great pattern to us? Were there any disappointments with respect to a designers collection, pattern instructions or quality of fabric?

I think complaints are allowed as long as you're willing to let them fix the problem. Speak with management and let us know how they handled it. Were they able to satisfied you, their customer?

What do you all think?