• Ahhhhhhh I WON!!!! THANK YOU Fons & Porter's

Old 09-26-2011, 07:16 PM

Congrats, you lucky quilter!
    Old 09-26-2011, 09:46 PM

Congrats!!
    Old 09-27-2011, 08:40 AM

congrats!!!!enjoy
    Old 09-27-2011, 11:29 AM

According to the "Santa Tracker", my packages are now somewhere in Pennsylvania!! SEW, I'm thinking they may be here tomorrow?? My plan is to take pictures of Mr. UPS as he's walking them to me. :) ha ha. I told my 10-year-old DD this, and she said "Why?". I told her it was like he was delivering it to all of my friends on the quilting board, and they'd probably get a kick outta it, too.
    Old 09-27-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
    According to the "Santa Tracker", my packages are now somewhere in Pennsylvania!! SEW, I'm thinking they may be here tomorrow?? My plan is to take pictures of Mr. UPS as he's walking them to me. :) ha ha. I told my 10-year-old DD this, and she said "Why?". I told her it was like he was delivering it to all of my friends on the quilting board, and they'd probably get a kick outta it, too.
    I'll be waiting for the post! Good luck! And congratulations again.
    Old 09-27-2011, 01:22 PM

Good for you!!! I know 1 yr. my daughter entered me in a Country Liv. mag. contest for a small decorated live Christmas tree and it came delivered one night and She was so excited and I was too as I never had won anything! That week a friend of ours lost her husband and we gave it to her and that ended up being her Christmas tree that year.
    Old 09-28-2011, 02:19 PM

Well, for those of you following my thread, the winner of the contest notification WAS real and I got my gifts today!!! I honestly wanted to take a picture of the UPS guy, but unfortunately he wasn't our 'normal guy'. I literally walked back & forth to look out the window all day, refusing to leave the house, and the boxes finally arrived close to 5 o'clock.

First, I received a beautiful 14" sit-on lap top quilting hoop. It is just TOTALLY awesome. You put a small piece of wood on the base between your legs & sit on it, and it is adjustable to tilt it in any position you'd like. You then tighten the wing nut, and the top part (hoop) spins freely to reposition yoru work instead of turning the entire hoop. I just can't WAIT to try this thing tonight. I'm currently working on a queen-sized quilt, and it will be so cool to not have the weight of the quilt on my lap. This is SEW cool!!

Secondly, I got a toal of 5 packages of different fat quarters!!! They are all by Thimbleberries: I received 2 packs of 28 with all different shades ranging from whites and creams to burgundies, blues, greens, and browns. A 20-pk of "Winterbury", a 20-pk of "Garden Sketchbook", and a 27-pk of "School of Rock". If you don't feel like doing the math, that gives me a total of 123 fat quarters equalling 30 3/4 yards of fabric!!!! Yes, I am a bit stoked. :) :) :)

Lastly, I got the "Incredible Threadable Embroidery Box" by Madiera. The top of the package says "Over $587 worth of embroidery thread and supplies for just $159.00". It consists of 40 Super Spools - 40 colors - 1100 yds each; 2 bobbinfil spool - 1650 each, Amazing Design CE, and the embroidery box turns into a thread rack. I am happy to say I own a small Brother embroidery machine, and I barely used it much because the darn thread was so expensive and I didn't really have many colors. Well, I do now!! :) Perfect.

Once again, I am so very thankful to all of the people who donated these items, and also to Fons & Porter's to picking my name as their fall winner. I am SEW very blessed. :thumbup: I still really feel guilty for winning all these things. It was like someone picked out everything exactly to fill my wish list. Who would've thunk it?!?

My new handquilting hoop!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]263772[/ATTACH]

Fat Quarters!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]263773[/ATTACH]

Embroidery thread!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]263774[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-263719.jpe   attachment-263720.jpe   attachment-263721.jpe  
    Old 09-28-2011, 02:26 PM

WONDERFUL! I am so happy for you. It was real. That means there is hope for me also.
    Old 09-28-2011, 02:50 PM

I am so pleased you won! Reading your post has brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy for you! Beside the hoop and the thread, the fat quarters are just entirely beautiful! Make sure you post pictures of what you make with them! Congratulations again! What a fortunate woman! KastleKitty :D :D :D :D :D

(And I know what you mean about the thread! It has gone through the roof in price!)
    Old 09-28-2011, 04:00 PM

We are all so blessed that you have been able to share the photos and story with us. Thank you. We couldn't be more pleased if it had happened to any of us. We are grateful that it happened to you and you can use everything. Now we can't wait to see what you create. Whether it be elementary or professional we will love it.