Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Am I the only one? >
  • Am I the only one?

• Am I the only one?

Old 09-28-2012, 11:01 AM

That is me, too.
    Old 09-28-2012, 11:47 AM

I have an entire bookcase full of binders, they're on dvd's and flash drives! And yes, I am checking myself into rehab just as soon as I get done printing & saving this last pattern I just found! Just one more!?!
    Old 09-28-2012, 01:38 PM

LOL As we speak I have a pile of such beside me here on the loveseat to sort and seperate into file and discard. It's a good 8" high, and contains patterns I have made myself, printed off, sketched from other inspiration for future planning, and picked up at Joann's, etc. They were stacked up on my desk and kept falling off and sliding all over. My DH just gave me a flash drive to save the patterns online so I don't have to use so much ink and paper, also.
    Old 09-28-2012, 03:06 PM

Lordy and I thought I was the only "nut" who's afraid she'll miss a pattern I'll like. Of course, I forget that I've saved it. LOL
    Old 09-28-2012, 06:36 PM

I too, keep them in clear sleeves and binders, i have them saved on the desktop on the laptop, and IPad, magazines by the bed, seems like they are everywhere...
    Old 09-28-2012, 06:45 PM

I have a loose leaf notebook filled with quilt patterns I've printed from various sources. For those I've used and planned to use again, I have a plastic bag insert with a zipper that holds the plastic templates I made.
    Old 09-28-2012, 08:02 PM

I have 3 large notebooks of free patterns. I won't live long enough to make all these quilts or use all my fabric stash, but I have them if I need them! lol
    Old 09-29-2012, 03:22 AM

i tend to store them on the computer. i like the idea of a flash drive just for quilting. i have oodles of books and magazines as well. those are my inspiration points for new projects. i do use the patterns i have, abet slowly since i only do one quilt at a time and those are mostly handquilted. i will learn to FMQ as soon as i quit working away from home so much, since that would speed up the process of making quilts for 15 family members.
    Old 09-29-2012, 03:34 AM

OMG...do we all need to go to rehab. Let's go together and share our patterns w/ our buddies. Have SEVERAL 3 ring binders and last year went thru them all and took out patterns I just knew I'd never use and brought them to the free table at the guild. From my files to theirs...such excited quilters. Last month went thru them again and took the "why do I still have this pattern" from the binder and now printing out new stuff on the back of the old stuff. Recycling comes to my printer. So now have new file to file away.

And then there's the computer. It's in FAVORITES for a reason, right?

Does the madness ever end?

Last edited by Julie in NM; 09-29-2012 at 03:36 AM.
    Old 09-29-2012, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit
    Am I the only one that prints off free quilt patterns and such from the computer and have it in stacks in my sewing room? I bought some hanging file totes to put them in. There is so much information out there it is keeping my ink supplier in business!
    I too have a lot printed off and filed. I also have others bookmarked (these are maybe's). Then I have JUMP DRIVES that I have them on. I always use the same color (outer cover of drive), for patterns. That's because I use different colors for other things. I also like the drives that have a hook thing on them so all my drives can be on a ring hooked to my sewing table. I know that does not say I will use them all, but I know how to find them IF I need a pattern. Good luck