Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Am I the only one??? >
  • Am I the only one???

• Am I the only one???

Old 11-09-2010, 08:49 AM

I'd never had a sewing room until I was 36. It lasted for about 6 months - then I found I was pregnant! It became the baby's room. He's 15 now, and I wouldn't trade. Now I have a temporary sewing room - a spare bedroom, but we're expecting my daughter to move in soon. I wouldn't trade this time either!! I guess it's important to be content and feel blessed that I can sew at all. One look at this picture, and I feel rich!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-122361.jpe  
    Old 11-09-2010, 08:53 AM

I don't know why for sure, but we only needed to have a two bedroom home and ended up looking only at 3 bedrooms and getting one. Why would anyone think otherwise that the extra space was to be a quilting room? I am soooo very lucky, God is good! My room is right off the living room area and I can be included in conversations and such, but definitely is my sanctuary. :D
    Old 11-09-2010, 08:54 AM

I don't have a sewing room or even like a designated table someplace in a room. The room I rent out at my mom's is very tiny to begin with, but with all my stuff like the TV, mattress, etc. there's hardly any space to move around. The space I sew in is between the bed and the sliding closet door, which is wide enough to put down the stand you would typically use to eat TV dinners in the living room. And the sewing machine barely fits on that. Whenever I have to press anything I have to put the sewing machine on the floor and then iron on the stand. Don't ask me how I'm able to sew on such a tiny set up because I'm not entirely sure how I do it either.

Last Halloween I remember staying at a friend's house to work on their kid's costume and I sewed on the little guy's plastic table and sat in his little plastic chair (as ridiculous as it sounds, I am tiny so I was actually able to sit in it). And I thought, "This is better than the set up at home!" lol
    Old 11-09-2010, 09:21 AM

My first "sewing room" was a TV tray and a folding chair in the living room. That was 46 years ago. Now I have a 20 x 20 room just for me. Hang in and in time it will happen.
    Old 11-09-2010, 09:31 AM

Oh yes, I do remember those days......it was not easy but for the love of sewing, we do what we have to so we can partake of our passion. Now my children are grown and on their own, beloved hubby went home to be with the Lord and I have the sewing room I wanted all those years. Be patient and some day you will have a place of your own. Know there are many of us thinking of you and wishing you well.
    Old 11-09-2010, 09:38 AM

Awwww...know how u feel....turned my garage into a sewing room ..i am happy...but my car is not.!!!!!! LOL Just keep wishing it will come true !!!
    Old 11-09-2010, 09:45 AM

Yes, yes. I have two dining table piled with UFO's. I need a plan??
    Old 11-09-2010, 09:47 AM

Yes, yes. I have two dining tables piled with UFO's. I need a plan??
    Old 11-09-2010, 10:01 AM

I used to have to sew on the dining room table in one of our houses. Another house I had a small table in our large kitchen.
    The current house I'm so happy I have a place to put my Horn
    Quiltmate cabinet so I don't have to put everything away so we can have dinner. I have 4 machines that fit in the cabinet just by
    changing out the free arm insert.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...45965719kFeKjn

Sharon W.
    Old 11-09-2010, 10:15 AM

JJs - I agree little ones grow up and move out....but then I got the DGC...raising 2 of them now, so the bedroom that I took over has become a bedroom again.
    I have my machine and sewing stuff in my living room, and anywhere I can find to store it, out of the way(kinda).. but then everyone knows where I am and what I'm up to.
    Kids need us now, and they may take up quilting!
    Darlene in PA