Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • ANOTHER Thread Question-Anyone Tried Gutermann Natural Cotton from Overstock.com? >
  • ANOTHER Thread Question-Anyone Tried Gutermann Natural Cotton from Overstock.com?

• ANOTHER Thread Question-Anyone Tried Gutermann Natural Cotton from Overstock.com?

Old 01-15-2014, 05:54 AM

Cool ANOTHER Thread Question-Anyone Tried Gutermann Natural Cotton from Overstock.com?

After reading the previous posts on online thread buying, I started looking around more online. I like Gutermann thread for my machine piecing and quilting. It looks like the best deal I found is on Overstock.com at $15.99 for a 3,281 cone spool of Natural Solids Mercerized Cotton Thread. Colors are limited, but I mainly use white, cream and black and these are offered. I was wondering if anyone has used this large size and is it the same quality as the 800 yard "large' spools sold in the LQS and Fabric Stores? For the quantity, seems like a great deal if the quality is good. I have never bought thread in a large cone before, but have a new Juki TL2010Q and it seems like the cones would fit on it OK. Thanks for any experience/comments!!!
    Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 AM

I buy my Gutermann cone thread through Joannes when it's on sale. It's available through their online site. http://www.joann.com/gutermann-natur...ermann&start=7 It's the same thread as what's on the smaller spools.

If I buy it during the 50% off sales, it's less than your Overstock price.
    Old 01-15-2014, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the info Candace! Do you get online emails from JoAnnes when they are having their 50% sales?
    Old 01-15-2014, 09:28 AM

You can get emails and there's an app for that -- look for JoAnn's. The coupons will download directly to your phone.
    Old 01-15-2014, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S
    Thanks for the info Candace! Do you get online emails from JoAnnes when they are having their 50% sales?

I get almost constant e-mails from Joannes. LOL.
    Old 01-15-2014, 11:32 AM
    Power Poster

So do I, the only store that sends more is Kohl's. Hate that they send the same sale notice EVERY day of the sale.
    Old 01-15-2014, 05:01 PM
    KLO

I am with you, ManiacQuilter2. I have started to think that both those stores must somehow make money on every email they send. I don't even read the Kohl's one anymore and need to unsubscribe!!! And I certainly cannot keep up with JoAnn's emails ..... or mailings for that matter. Sometimes I feel like I am being stalked!