Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Any advice ?? >
  • Any advice ??

• Any advice ??

Old 12-04-2010, 07:48 AM

A year ago I got a good deal (I thought) on a Gracy frame $250.00. It has everything, a couple of carriages, light, panto grams etc. My problem is room!! I do have it set up downstairs but dont seem to be able to make myself go down and quilt. I have used it a few times but not really enough to keep it. So guess what Im asking is has anyone used one and should I keep mine in hopes I will use it more. I do love to FM and do all my quilts on a Juki.
    Old 12-04-2010, 07:55 AM

You may regret it if you get rid of it and later need it. Maybe if you load a quilt you like into it, you may find yourself motivated to use it. Do you have good light in the basement? That may also help to motivate you to go down.
    Old 12-04-2010, 07:58 AM

Well, location is everything, they say. :-)
    Is there any chance you could move it to another room?
    I know exactly what you mean...I used to have my sewing stuff upstairs in the "attic room" -- and I just could never bring myself to go up there and sew. It just felt like I was away from all the "action in the house" (even if I was home by myself).

Now that I have moved my "mess" down to the main floor, I sew every single day. Maybe you would feel the same way?
    Old 12-04-2010, 08:14 AM

There is no other place for it lol. I had a Handi quilter before this and did use it but just enough to learn how to do it well enough (for me at least). Yes I have good light, and there is no good reason for me not to use it, except I dont:) Guess Id much rather be in my little "sewing nest", doing free motion.
    Old 12-04-2010, 08:45 AM

I hear you. My little sewing nest is now in my bedroom, and I am messy when I sew. Very soon my bedroom will be a sewing room with a bed. Luckily Jorge doesn't mind.
    Old 12-04-2010, 09:20 AM

I took over hubby shop and now I have out grow it and moving into what was my green house into a sewing room. It is getting a new roof and we are taking out windows. The floor is in. It came form a business that was closeing down. Wooo Hoo free!!! Love that. Look about and see what you can do to make it a happy place for yu. Can you paint the wall a nice sunny color. Put in new lights to brighten up the place. Post a pictures and see if we can come up with ideals to help. Once you fix it up you may not want to go back upstairs. :XD: :lol:
    Old 12-04-2010, 09:52 AM

Gosh, I'd love it if my quilting frame could be in the house -- basement OR attick (if we had either). I have to go outside to the shop ----lotta fun with 12" of snow on the ground!! :) :) But I DO it!