Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Any long arms made in the USA >
  • Any long arms made in the USA

• Any long arms made in the USA

Old 09-15-2010, 05:44 AM
    Banned

Well pardon me. I didn't state it as fact, unlike my statement about the APQS machines, which I do know for a fact. Since I'm FAIRLY certain my comment about the outsourcing for Gammil is correct, I thought I would mention it in case it is important to someone researching the product.

You make it sound as if I were attempting to slander the company, which was not my intent at all. Gammil makes a fine machine, the factor is just outside of my hometown in Ava Missouri, and was one of my 3 choices when choosing my own longarm.

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen

When you claim something like that you should be able to back it up. If you don't have some kind of info to back it up then you shouldn't make the claims. Since I'm not the one making the claims I don't need to do the research to back it up but you should.
    Old 09-15-2010, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by cjtinkle
    Well pardon me. I didn't state it as fact, unlike my statement about the APQS machines, which I do know for a fact. Since I'm FAIRLY certain my comment about the outsourcing for Gammil is correct, I thought I would mention it in case it is important to someone researching the product.

You make it sound as if I were attempting to slander the company, which was not my intent at all. Gammil makes a fine machine, the factor is just outside of my hometown in Ava Missouri, and was one of my 3 choices when choosing my own longarm.

When you claim something like that you should be able to back it up. If you don't have some kind of info to back it up then you shouldn't make the claims. Since I'm not the one making the claims I don't need to do the research to back it up but you should.
    I appreciate the discussion.
    Old 09-15-2010, 07:08 AM

I think, just like a lot of manufacturing in the US, many standard parts are used, and many of those are made outside the country. The final assembly for most longarms is the USA.
    Old 09-15-2010, 09:52 AM

Why do some of these discussion seem to get fairly nasty? I see NO reason for it.
    Old 09-15-2010, 08:03 PM

I've rubbed people the wrong way here, and others have aggravated me. It happens :>
    Old 09-17-2010, 06:51 PM

It says right at the top of Nolting's web site "Made in USA." http://nolting.com/index.php
    Nolting's main office is in Hawkeye, Iowa, and I just called there today and talked to a Tech because I was looking at a used Nolting today and I called him with the serial # off it to get what information I could about that particular machine. Their customer service is outstanding.