Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Any Members of the Modern Quilt Guild here? >
  • Any Members of the Modern Quilt Guild here?

• Any Members of the Modern Quilt Guild here?

Old 08-09-2014, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tashana
    I believe that you can enter as many quilts as you want, and it costs $30 dollars for up to three quilts. I have one top finished, and I am currently working on two. I planned on entering whatever I finish by the deadline. At this stage, I would be really happy to have one of them just juried in the show. All the designs are my own, and I will be doing the quilting, so God only knows how that is going to turn out I have so many ideas, but not so much time to execute them all
    i am definitely going to the Quiltcon. No backing out now. I have already booked my hotel and airplane ticket and I managed to sign up for a workshop, several lectures and Moda party. It will be nice to escape my routine and leave gray and snowy New York in February. I am also looking forward to some good TexMex food, and immersing myself for three days in the modern quilting culture. I did not go to the first Quiltcon, so I do not know what to expect. I will be sure to take many photos. Good luck with your quilt, and I am looking forward to seeing it in Austin.
    Oh, I'm jealous! I'd love to look at all the lovely quilts, take a stroll in the sun, eat TexMex...

I think I'm going to try and enter one or two quilts as well. Like you, I do everything myself, so it might take me a while... Wish I'd known about the QuiltCon a little earlier!

Just be warned: I'm expecting a very thorough report from you! (Hey, one gotta live vicariously through others! *lol*)